He Came Back For Her

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry, this is how they normally talk." Thor says, offering his Asgardian drink to Steve.

Steve accepts Thor's offer and started drinking in his own glass, before he stood up to excuse himself. He went to look for James and soon enough found him.

From the balcony, Tony and Nick are having their own conversation. It's the first time Fury went to see Tony after he woke up.

"I was really right about putting my trust in this team."

"You must be really proud of bringing this team together." Tony states, knowingly.

"I am.", Nick nods ever so slightly. "And I am glad you're back, Tony.". Fury surely cares for this team more than he ever shows.

Tony looking at the kids from where he and Nick is, "Who would've thought a spy and a soldier having a child together.".

"I should've known from the start when I assigned them as new partners." Nick laughs.

From where Steve is playing with James and the kids, he saw Tony and Nick looking at his direction. Soon enough he starts heading towards them.

"Rogers." Fury greets him as he got closer.

"Fury."

Nick stood up from his seat. He gave Steve a squeeze in his shoulder as he whispers to his ear. "That's the last time you do shit. Natasha's been through enough.", he stepped back to look him in his eyes. "I've got my eye on you.", Steve nods and then Fury went inside leaving both men.

"We both know Fury can be really crazy when he's being an over protective father."

Steve sat down from where Fury did a while ago. "Fathers are always like that."

Tony turns to him, "Oh! I almost forgot you're a father now too.".

Steve smiles, feeling proud to be a father.

"I never really got to talk to you about what happened." Tony starts, "What happened when you returned the stones?".

Steve took a while thinking where to start.

"Okay, let me rephrase that. What happened when you returned the tesseract?"

After a while Steve started, "She saw me.", Steve breathes in, "When we first came there, I saw my photo on her desk. It was a photo before the serum.". Steve smiles, "Then I saw her. I wanted to hold her, talk to her, but I know I can't.".

Tony nods, "Go on.".

"And after we defeated Thanos. When I returned the stones, in 1970's, I found myself standing in front of her office once again.".

/fb/

'Just one last look. I deserve that much.' Steve thought.

He was standing outside her office, peaking through the glass frame of the door. He saw Peggy staring at his photo. Emotions starts to build up in him.

Peggy felt an odd presence from behind the door. Her reflexes were activated and she turned quickly to see who it is. For a second he met the man's eyes, blue. She think she knows him. It took few seconds before she could utter, "Steve?" her voice is barely audible.

For a second, Steve met her eyes. He turns and froze there for a moment before walking down the hallway. He can hear a door opened, it's Peggy's. He turns to the corner and stood there hiding. "Steve?", he hears her call out for him.