zero

𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀
"𝘀𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗲"
"𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿? 𝗜'𝗺 𝗱𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁"

𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀"𝘀𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗲""𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿? 𝗜'𝗺 𝗱𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁"

𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗮 𝗯𝗮𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗿𝗼

THE SMELL WAS GONE. That was the first thing seffie noticed when she got off the bus - apart from the lingering glare that elle tompkins threw her. She didn't seem to mask her distaste for the brunette who sauntered of the yellow bus completely oblivious to the events that were to soon transpire.

The small field outside the church was completely empty much to all the teens dismay. Their parents had yet to arrive and seffie was beginning to grow annoyed due to the lingering hangover that was pounding in her head - a reminder that she had way too many drinks at Harry Bingham's party last night. Whipping out her phone she pressed speed dial as her mother's caller id popped up. It rang until it hit voicemail, she abruptly grumbled and shoved her phone into her back pocket and walked over to Kelly and Harry who seemed to have been experiencing the same thing.

"Nothing either?" The couple frowned. "You know, it's late and they're probably all asleep." Kelly mumbled as she wrapped her arms around herself and turned to the shorter girl who seemed to be relishing in the fact that her mother would have lightning sped through the streets of New Ham if she had known her only daughter was all alone with a group of no good teens without parental supervision in the dead of night. She internally giggled before facing the small group who had been talking amongst themselves before she had zoned out.

Seffie pulled her sleeves over her hands and started to baby wave at the group around her "Well I'll probably just head home now and throw around the fact that I could've been viciously attacked because my dear mother wanted to catch some extras z's." Harry and Jason chuckled to themselves as they watched the ebony haired girl skip away into the night but before she could get off the grass Harry called from behind her.

"Hey Seffie, I'm giving Kelly, Grizz and Jason a lift. We got one more space, need a ride?" Seffie sent them a lazy smirk as she attempted to avoid Kelly's mildly jealous gaze - considering Harry was well known for being a flirt - she declined the offer. "It's fine, I need to walk off the hangover" she yelled before jogging home not remembering New Ham to ever be this eerily quiet.

 The walk home was less than eventful and Seffie was  beginning to feel a pit in her stomach as she got closer to her house

The walk home was less than eventful and Seffie was  beginning to feel a pit in her stomach as she got closer to her house. She had seen some of the teens on her street get home before she stopped outside her porch, inspecting the lights that weren't on. "How unusual." she said to herself. Her mother, Demeter, was a control freak. She always made sure Seffie was home before 6pm on school days, in bed before 11pm each night and had tabs on where ever her daughter was. If only she knew how deceiving her daughter really was.

Sneaking around with boys that were no good for her was her favourite past time and amidst that was the countless parties she had snuck out of her bedroom window to attend because all the teens in New Ham knew Persephone Hastings never missed a time to get drunk or high. Seffie was what you'd call a delinquent in the eyes of her classmates and teachers and a saint for her mother.

But what was unusual for the somewhat large two storey brick house in front of her was the fact that the normally lit porch lights her mother never failed to turned on before she went to sleep were off and the house was pitch black. The pit in Seffie's stomach  began to grow and an unsettling feeling came over as she unlocked the door and pushed it open.

"Mom?" She called out into the dark, dropping her duffel bag she continued into the house switching on every light she walked past. "They dropped us back here because there were rock slides - I walked home by the way - by myself." she continued to voice out hoping her mother would hear the last part and coming running out to see if her daughter made it back without a single scratch but when she reached Demeter's room and switched on the light. No one was home.

Spooked, she walked back down the kitchen to check to see if her mother left a note on the refrigerator but nothing. For the first time in her life, Seffie's mother wasn't with her.