Chloe stopped in her tracks “Er I think I need to go home now” She said fidgeting with the zipper of her hoody.

Aaron frowned at her “Oh, ok” he said disappointed that she didn’t want to spend any more time with him.

He grabbed hold of her hand and started leading her towards the front door “Come on let’s get you home then”

He walked her to his car and opened the passenger door for her, closing it once she was inside.He walked around to the drivers side door opening it and hoping in. He started the car tuning it around and driving back down the driveway. He was deep in thought thinking about what he had done wrong to make her want to leave so suddenly when Chloe’s voice broke him from his thoughts.

“Your family seems very nice,” She said quietly.

He looked over at her she still had her hoody on her head “Yeah they are, hey can I ask you something?”

“You just did”

“I guess I did, ok can I ask you two things then?”

Aaron caught a glimpse of a smile on her face before she said, “You just did”

Aaron burst out laughing, “Yeah I guess I did” he took his eyes off the road and looked at her. “Your funny” he looked back at the road, he didn’t want to risk crashing his car with his mate inside. “Why do you always wear a hood over your head?”

His mate just shrugged

“I mean, I have known you for two days now and I don’t even know what colour hair you have,” He tells her.

His mate frowns at him “Why?” She asks softly.

“Why what?” He asks glancing over at  her

“Why do you care, why I always wear a hood? Or what colour my hair is?”

Aaron thinks for a minute before replying, he didn’t want to scare her away from him by saying the wrong thing. “Because you are my friend” He says eventually “And friends care about friends”

“Friends” Chloe whispered softly, so softly that if Aaron didn't have incredible hearing thanks to being a werewolf he wouldn’t have heard.

“Yeah friends, haven’t you had one before?” He asked curious about her.

His mate shrugged again “A long time ago” She whispered.

Aaron frowned again “Well what happened to them?” He asked

She looked at Aaron with her beautiful green eyes before shaking her head “I don’t want to talk about it”

“Oh, ok” he sat there for a moment thinking about what else they could talk about “So do you have any brothers or sisters? What do your parents do for a living?” He rolled his eyes at himself and his lame questions.

His mate stiffened in her seat but didn’t say anything for a while “You can pull over here” She tells him.

Aaron looks at her confused “What? Why?”

“My house is not too far from here I can walk the rest of the way,” She explained

“That’s ok I can drive you to your house” Aaron told her.

“No!” She shouted out, panicked “Please just drop me off here”

Aaron started to slow his car down “Why? Are you ashamed to be seen with me?” He asked his heart felt like it was being stabbed rapidly at the thought of his mate being ashamed of him.

“N..no it’s not that” she stuttered out quietly. “It’s my dad, I’m not allowed to hang around boys, I will get into trouble if I’m seen with you,” She explained.

“Oh” Aaron said he pulled the car over to the curb. “Maybe I could talk to him or something,” Aaron suggested.

“No! Please don’t, it will only make things worse” she begged.

He looked at her for a moment and nodded his head “Ok, I guess”

She gave him a small smile “Thank you for everything you did for me today” She whispered before jumping out of the car, Aaron watched as she ran down the street and turned into the next street. He pulled the car back on the road and drove up to the street she turned on, he spotted his mate run up to a rundown house and walked inside it. Aaron drove to the end of the street he was on and realised the woods were behind his mates house. He decided he was going to change into his wolf and check out her house from the woods. But before he could get out of his car his father's spoke to him through the mind link.

“Pack meeting in twenty minute’s”

Aaron groaned, he took one last look at the woods, deciding he would come back after the meeting. He turned his car around and headed home hoping the meeting wouldn’t take long.