Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

I look up at me and I see that he's crying. I don't think he's stopped and neither have I. "Thank you," I say and then hug him again. He hugs me back. "If you even need to talk. I'll be here. I know you have Todoroki, but if he's with his family or something, I'll be here, okay?" I nod and smile sadly. Ugh today has been so emotional. I just want to go on my date with Shoto already. I'm still too ashamed to really make eye contact, so I just keep my eyes down. "Oh, you two have a date today right?" Kirishima says sounding more enthusiastic. It's not very convincing, but he's trying. I look up at him and smile my best smile.

"Oh yeah! It's going to be great! Right Shoto?" I ask as I look at Shoto. He looks at me half surprised and nods. "Of course. I'll make sure you have the best time and I'll be by your side the whole time okay?" I smile at him again and he smiles back. We look at Kirishima and see that he's smiling brightly now too. "Wow. I never thought I would ever see this. It's crazy because I thought you two hated each other and now you rely on each other. It's amazing," Kirishima exclaims excitedly. "Yeah. I really like Katsuki and I hope he likes me just as much back," Shoto says. He looks at me as he says that and I smile at him. He really makes me feel okay. Like being myself is okay.

"Thank you Shoto," I say looking at him. Then I look over to Kirishima and say, "Thank you too Kirishima. You've always been a great friend. Just please don't tell anyone about what we told you just yet okay? I still need some time and I don't have to tell anyone until before New Year's." He nods quickly. "Of course I wouldn't tell anyone. That wouldn't be very manly of me. Also, thank you for trusting me with this. It means a lot Bakugo," Kirishima says. He then gets up and looks at us before saying, "Okay well, I'll let you two get ready. Have fun! I'll need details when you return," he says and then walks out.

I let out a sigh of relief. Shoto looks at me and I look back at him. "You were so brave. You're one of the strongest people I know. Do you know that?" I look away and say, "All I did was talk and cry. Not very strong if you ask me." He shakes his head. "The fact that you've told him, me, and that you're trying to get better means you've noticed how bad your behaviors are to yourself. Admitting this, makes you stronger than anyone I've ever known. You got that?" I have no idea what to say. I'm super lucky to have these two people in my life.

They make me feel loved. They make me feel like I should be the me that I want to be. Not the me that everyone knows. I want to be nice. I want to be able to let people know that sometimes I'm not okay. I just want to do what I want, but for now I can't. So I say, "You help make me strong. So does Kirishima. Thank you." He smiles at me and I smile back. "Soooo what time is our date?" He looks at me and smiles. Then he grabs his phone and checks it. "Okay we're leaving at 6:30 but it's already 5:40 so we should start getting ready," he replies and I get up quickly. "Okay I'm going to go to my room, I'll see you later," I say excitedly.

I head to my room with my bag after checking if the coast was clear. I walk in and put my bag down. Today has been crazy and way too much for one day. I sigh and then get my clothes. I grab some black skinny jeans, a plain white T-shirt, a maroon hoodie that says 'Wee Woo!', and my white converse. Before I put any of that on, I grab some wipes from my drawers and clean off the smeared make-up from under my eyes. Then I put on the T-shirt and hoodie. I grab the make-up and apply it to my eyes and then make sure that it looks okay. I check the scar make-up and it still looks great so I leave it as it is.

I start changing my pants and put on my shoes before checking my phone. It's ten minutes until we leave. I sigh and decide to text Shoto.

Me- We can't walk out together, people might see us

Snowflake- Yeah that's true. If you're ready, then start heading out and meet me in front of the store from Halloween

Me- Okay I'm headed out now. Text me when you're near