My Life is Getting Better and Worse

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," mumbled dad. He walked out if the room. His face was hard. I was eight.

"Is mummy going to be alright?" I asked, holding Jen's hand, Liz was in the baby seat in the car. He didn't even look at me. He jumped in the car and so did Jen and I. He drive off without a word. When we arrived home dad grabbed Jen and I by the hair and dragged us inside.

"IT'S YOUR FAULT! IT'S YOUR DAMN FAULT!" screamed dad.

"Daddy! Did mummy die?" I questioned. He threw me against the wall. I let out a little sob. He then dropped Jennifer and picked her up by her arm and threw her on top of me. Dad stormed into the bedroom. Jen started crying and at that moment I knew I had to protect them from any harm.

Another Flashback:

"What's on your face loser?" teased Georgina.

"A bruise, I fell out of bed," I said.

"What a loser," said Georgina said before turning around and leaving. I sighed. I walked to my classroom

"Hello! I'm Carie! What happened?"

"I fell out of bed," I replied.

"Ouch! That would have hurt!" Carie yelled.

"Why are you talking to me?" I asked.

"Because you seem interesting!" replied Carie.

End of flashbacks:

I heard the car door shutting.

"Hey Connie, wait here for a second, I've got to check up in something," dad said before closing the door. He opened the front door and ran to my room where I was sitting.

"I GOT DRUNK AND I HAD SEX WITH A WOMAN WITHOUT A CONDOM!" yelled dad. He picked me up by my arm and threw me against the was.

"THERE IS A CHANCE SHE COULD BE PREGNANT!" dad screamed. He picked me up with one hand and started punching me with the other. He punched me on my nose, on my eye, on my cheek, in my gut, kicked me in my leg five times and then lifted me above his head and dropped me. I landed on the floor with a thud. I stayed on the floor until dad left. I could have another little sister or brother! I will have to hide him or her aswell! Please Connie! Don't be preggo! Please! I begged her in my mind.

I got up and checked on Liz and Jen.

"Jenny! Lizzy!" I yelled down the trap door. I felt the blood trickling down my face.

"Ry! Why did dad hurt you this time?" asked Liz.

"He might have a baby to a bad girl called Connie," I said. Jen and Liz groaned.

"Is your food okay? Do you want me empty your toilet?" I asked.

"Our food's fine and I will empty the toilet," Jen said.

"I have a present for you two!" I said. I walked up the stairs and walked to my room. I got the screen and gave it to the girls. I told them how it works and they thanked me.

I walked out to clean myself off. I had a blood nose, my cut on my hairline had gotten bigger, my lip had split again, my black eye was even darker and I had bruises on my arm. Jen ran up to me, cleaning my bruises. She's so kind.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! Oh no! I quickly put on my jacket with the hood up. I shooed Jen back down to the basement. I opened the door. It was Devin!

"Hello! Can I please talk to Ryleigh?" he asked kindly.

"I am Ryleigh. What do you want? How did you find out where I live?" I questioned.

"I want to talk to you and Carie told me where you live," Devin explained.