My Life is Getting Better and Worse

Copyright Toffee08

Chapter 1

I was thrown on the floor harshly.

"WHERE ARE THEY?" dad screamed threatingly.

"I don't know what you are talking about!" I shouted back.

"Where is Elizabeth and Jennifer? TELL ME!" dad shouted.

"I don't know!" I lied. To tell you the truth, I've hidden them. They are staying in our basement. I chose the basement because only mum, Elizabeth, Jennifer and I knew about it. I hid my younger siblings because dad was constantly hitting them, even though I always take the blame. Dad started hitting us when mum, dad's sister Greta and his mum died in a crash. Elizabeth, Jennifer and I were in the car at the time and mum was driving. We were mucking around in the car and mum told us to stop. As soon as she turned around she hit multiple trees, killing her, grandma and Greta. We came out of the car with minor scratches because we were in the seats in the boot. Dad has blamed us ever since.

"I KNOW YOU ARE HIDING THEM YOUNG LADY. TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE BEFORE I BEAT YOU BLACK AND BLUE! WHEN I FIND THEM I WILL BEAT EVEN MORE OUT OF THEM!" dad shouted.

"I don't know where they are so beat me!" I yelled back. He did. He threw me against the wall, on to a table with a whole pile of glass plates, onto the floor then kicked me numerous times. I could taste the blood in my mouth.

"Now are you gonna tell me where they are?" he asked threatingly.

"I don't know," I mumbled. He then kicked me in the gut, then the leg four times, the gut again. My body was full of pain.

"TELL ME!" he shouted. When is he gonna give up? I asked myself.

"I. Don't. Know," I said. He punched me in the face six times and left. I could hear his car backing out of the driveway. I looked in the mirror to see the damage. I had a cut lip, bruises all over my body including my face, a blood nose cuts all down my back and some of the skin was taken off of my left arm. I sighed. How am I supposed to cover up for school? Hoodie? No gets in the way. Makeup? Don't have any. An excuse? No, I've used all of them up. I can't just not turn up. I need to learn to get out of here. I'll just wear a long sleeved shirt that will go under my school top, long pants (thank god it's winter) and I'll wear a hat. We get to wear whatever pants we want at our school. I'll also buy some makeup just in case. I have a job with at baloonatics which gives me a good pay, enough to pay for food and some supplies for chores. I guess I have to go a week without eating. I double check that dad has gone and is not sneaking up on me, then I pulled out my cheep phone. I called Carie, my best friend.

"Hello," she answered.

"Car! Can you please do me a favor?"

"Sure Ry! What do you want?" she asked.

"Can you please buy some foundation for me to wear tomorrow?"

"Right on it! Anything else?" she asked quickly knowing how much this is costing me.

"No,"

"Tell me what he did to you when you get to school okay?"

"Bye," I hung up. I have to hide my bruises and cuts because if anyone found out, dad will literally kill me. He has shown me the knife. I went and mopped myself up. It didn't look as bad when I was clean but I still needed makeup.

I went down into the basement.

"Jenny! Lizzy!" I whispered.

"Ryleigh?" asked a little voice. Jennifer's.