"What're you talking about-" I began, but she ran her stele over her memory rune and grabbed my arm, a gasp leaving my lips when a memory flashed before my eyes.

"It's okay- mommy's just cutting some pretty flowers." I saw a younger version of my mother, holding a baby boy that was Jace, "Okay-"

Then a gasp left her lips when Jace's eyes went completely black, the white flowers dying and going black.

Margaret gasped, "Jonathan!"

I pried my arm away from my mother, holding it, staring at her, breathing heavily.

"And it wasn't the last time something like that happened." Margaret was quiet, "So- Jocelyn and I went to one of Idris' most powerful warlocks, Ragnor Fell."

Her next words made my heart stop, "He warned me that, in the future, your brother would only leave death and destruction in his wake."

-

"Aldertree wants to question me again." Simon informed me after following me into my room even despite everyone else thinking I needed space, "Why would he do that? I don't know anything."

"I don't know-" I sat down, "Maybe- he wants you to confirm that Jocelyn has lost her mind."

"Jocelyn is the one of the sanest people I know." Simon gave me his opinion, "She told me it was a bad idea to get the Champagne Enema tattoo- or when she warned Clary that Tommy Peterson was a total assclown?"

"As those sound undoubtedly interesting-" I inhaled, "Are you really saying that Jocelyn might be right about this? That Jace-"

I paused, then emphasized, "Jace is some kind of evil flower-killing monster that deserves a death sentence?"

"No, no." Simon softly chuckles, "That's definitely not what I'm saying."

Simon then reminded me, "But- we did see what Jace did to that vampire before he grabbed Valentine and then disappeared."

"Maybe he's being manipulated-" I argued, sighing, "Simon- you haven't known Jace as long as I have. I know he's not like that."

Lydia quietly knocks, "Aldertree's ready for you."

Simon nervously chuckles, giving me one last look before he leaves my room, "Can't wait."

-

"Alec, are you okay?" I heard Clary's quiet voice, my eyes spotting Alec punching a punching bag over and over.

Alec breathes deeply, "Pretty bold of you to show your face here."

Clary sighs, "I can explain."

Alec rolls his eyes, "Unless your explanation can bring Jace back, save it."

By now, Isabelle was by my side, as we watched them from afar.

Clary argued, "Alec, Jace is my brother, too-"

"You barely know him- I grew up with him." Alec argued back, "I fought by his side, he's my brother- he's my best friend-"

"Alec-" Clary stammers in defense, "Alec, I want Jace back as much as anyone- I- I am not my mother."

"How well do I even know you?" Alec confronted her, "I mean, you show up out of nowhere, you convince Zee, you convince me to search for your mother- and the next thing I know, in the mess of all that- Jace is gone, and your mother is the one trying to kill him."

"I had nothing to do with that, Alec." Clary was tearing up, "I would never hurt Jace- he's helped me so much- I know how much he means to all of you-"