Untitled Part 1

It started as a semi-joking, drunken heart to heart. Truth or dare without the forfeits. 20 Questions. A poor excuse to indulge in sexual playground talk, that their sober, masculine veneers would never allow them to indulge in.

The question was what's the weirdest thing you're into? Sunwoo went first.

"I'm kinda into... feet? God, this is embarrassing. But when girls wear high heels and fishnets? My little man goes WHOOSH!"

Sunwoo does a shadow-puppet impression of popping a boner, and they laugh.

"So..." Haknyeon pushes, "kinda like how Kevin is into feet?"

Sunwoo stops laughing. "God, no, I'm not a faggot, Hak."

Haknyeon stops laughing.

It's silent, Sunwoo's stern face illuminated amber by the dorm lamp.

"So, like..." Sunwoo starts, taking a big gurgle of their vodka bottle, trying to ease the uncomfortable atmosphere, "...what are you into?"

Haknyeon debates whether or not to say it, sitting on the hardwood floor among their empty beer cans. But fuck it. He's drunk.

"Would you hate me if I was gay, Sunwoo?"

Sunwoo gags on the vodka still in his mouth, before swallowing it raw. Even in the face of Haknyeon's impromptu coming out, he still doesn't waste a drop of alcohol. Good boy.

Haknyeon wills himself to not think about Sunwoo swallowing sexually. He wills his little man down. Now is not the time for boners.

"I mean," Sunwoo warbles, slurring intensely, "...no? Fuck I dunno. I mean I hate faggots, but I only hate faggots like Kevin, y'know? I don't mind faggots who don't act like faggots. Like you! You're a cool faggot, Haknyeon."

He clocks the bemused look on Haknyeon face, and restumbles over what he's just said.

"Uh, uh," Sunwoo says, "uh, when I say faggot, that's me being like - supportive of faggots. Cause like, I'm so comfortable with them I can reclaim their slurs with them, y'know? It's like... feminist, or something. Even thought I hate women. Haknyeon, you fucking faggot."

Haknyeon laughs, genuine and full. "It's fine, I get it. Thank you for being cool with me being a..." Haknyeon pauses around the slur, the word feeling heavy and loaded in his own mouth, "faggot."

Sunwoo hides his blush behind another gurgle of vodka. "So..." he tries again, "...what are you into? Is it just fucking dudes?"

Haknyeon pauses. He remembers what he's really into. Which is infinitely more embarrassing than just being gay. The sound of Sunwoo gurgling Zubrowka draws him out of his thoughts. He swallows, and resumes slurring.

"Cause if you're just into fucking dudes, that's boring. Everyone likes a little anal. There's gotta be something else you're into, like-"

"Shit."

Sunwoo doesn't skip a beat. "What?"

"I'm into shit."

Sunwoo pauses. Takes a moment to process his words. Then slams the bottle of vodka down.

"You're into SHIT?"

Haknyeon cowers, knocking over a beer can in his plight. "...I, I."

Sunwoo takes a deep breath. Exhales. Looks at Haknyeon again, face somewhat lighter.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean it. So. Like... 2 girls 1 cup? Is that what gets you off? That's weird, dude."

Haknyeon gulps. "No, not exactly..."