You're Beautiful

"And now, you're ugly on the outside like you are ugly on the inside!" Fez yelled in the heat of the argument.

Jackie had to hold back the tears as she slammed her bedroom door behind her, a second later she came out and left the apartment without sparing a glance at the two speechless men.  Hyde had to refrain himself from decking Fez in the face like he did Kelso all those days ago.  Instead he felt a little numb as he found his feet moving towards the door to follow her, he had an idea where she might be.

At first Jackie wanted to run to Steven, the only one she sought for when she was heartbroken, but she knew she couldn't, as far as she knew he hated her, and turns out so does Fez.  The second person on her mind was Eric, he was like a brother to her, but he was in Africa; she thought of Mr. Forman too, but he seemed so busy lately that she didn't want to bother him or Mrs. Forman.

Donna was probably with Randy so she couldn't go to her either, she felt so alone as she made her way to the infamous basement and sat on the couch. 

She soaked in all the memories that came with it, all the fun they had when they were younger, she missed it, she wished time would turn back to where they were all together and happy... To where her and Steven were happy.  She liked Fez, he was always there for her and never stopped chasing after her, it was flattering but she had to be honest with herself, she was still madly in love with Steven Hyde.

As soon as that realization hit her like a breath of fresh air, Hyde came walking in, trying not to look as worried as he felt.  When he saw her, he took off his glasses and laid them on the coffee table as he sat next to her.

"Jackie... I don't think he meant it." he tried to comfort her in that soft voice he only used for her.

Jackie shook her head, green locks covering her face, "No... He meant it, and he was right.  I thought I loved him, thought I could love him.  I was wrong, I don't love him, Steven."

She looked up at him, wiping the tears away she just noticed were falling.  Hyde hated seeing her cry, he never could stand the sight, and he hated those that made her cry as well.  To put it bluntly, Fez was dead.  But he'd deal with him later.  As he pushed those violent thoughts aside he gathered the now crying girl into his arms, Jackie didn't waste a second as she wrapped her arms tight around his neck, not planning to let go anytime soon.  She felt like she could breathe again, this was the one and only person she wanted a hug from, and it felt like old times and new beginnings.

Hyde stroked her hair and held her as close as possible, whispering soft words in her ear,

"Shh, it's okay Jackie.  You're not ugly.  You're beautiful, outside and in.  Fez is just an idiot that I'll take care of later."

He smiled when he heard a muffled laugh, god he missed this, just holding her and making her laugh.

"You don't have to do anything crazy Steven.  To be fair it is weird that I all of a sudden wanted to be with him.  It's not his fault he has doubts..." she explained as she pulled back enough to see his face, she wasn't ready to give up the hug just yet.

"And so do you.." he finished, remembering what she said in the beginning.  "You don't actually love him, do you? Why did you say you did?"

"I don't know... I made this stupid list with what I want in a guy and he fit all of that.  So I thought he was the one, just because he lined up with some stupid words on a stupid piece of paper.  Steven... I didn't even mean half the stuff on there."

He raised an eyebrow, shocked and confused, a million questions running through his brain.  He didn't say anything, because of course Jackie knew what he was thinking.  She knows him.  She's the only person who gets him.