Not so bad anymore?

Start from the beginning

" My dear Y/N, I have noticed you have made yourself friendly to our dear Elliot, and our dear Elliot has never shown interest in anything other than plants, now you have made friends with him during garden care have known this yourself. Now when you ask Dear Elliot what he wants to do, then get an idea yourself an make your way over here, it's not hard to figure what for." He said, not missing a beat in any part of that.

You stood frozen for a second, feeling awkward around the cannibal. After a moment, you nodded your head.

" Well, thanks, Willy." You said. He gave you a slight nod before turning his attention back to his book. You quickly turned on your heels and made your way back to the table where Elliot was. You took your seat across from him, ignoring how he was watching you very much like a wolf. You opened the book and set it at an angle to where you both could see it well.

" I was thinking we could look through this book for flowers we like, So maybe we could use our good points to get the seeds if they will let us." You said with a smile.

- -

You sipped your soup as you sat next to Elliot, watching him flip through the pages of the book. You were surprised they let him take the book into the cafeteria during dinner time. Yet again, when they told him no and tried to take it away from him he got aggressive.

You were sure Elliot was seconds away from grabbing the nurse that reached out to take it from him and pop her head of like a dandelion head. But Doctor Valeski came in and saved the day, telling everyone it was ok for him to take it for now.

He was so entranced in the book, seeing such beautiful, colorful and exotic flowers for the first time. Willy was right, plants really were Elliot's world.

You happily munched on the meat and onions of your french onion soup, smelling the steam that wafted up into your face from it, it smelled like salt and tasted that way too. You could have gotten the main course of pasta instead, but Elliot could not have anything but soup for the time being, and you wanted to get closer to him, so you were gonna be stuck with soup with him.

Elliot had not even touched his soup though, He was looking at the book much like a young kid would with their favorite TV show. He slowly flipped through the pages. Gazing with his very soul into each and every flower.

You finished up your dinner and let out a small belch. At least the food was really good here, it would suck if it was not. Well, it sucked anyway with being here at all.

You got up, heading back over to the counter to put your tray away. You stacked your tray on the others and started to make your way back to Elliots table, You were stopped by a male voice.

" Can't say it's very wise to hang around big boy over there, but you seem to be doing ok...for now at least." You turned in the direction of the voice and saw another eighth-floor patient.

He was not someone you knew, for he was not in your group. He was an overweight fellow with shaved dark brown hair. He was looking at you with dull blue eyes. as you looked at him he raised his eyebrows, expecting a response.

" Oh, um yeah, I'm doing fine." You replied to him, unsure of the whole situation. He gave you a little smile before looking down with a hint of sadness.

" Can't say I'm not envious of the guy, everyone here but the twins stick to themselves, I'm probably not the only one jealous of the big guy that the pretty new girl chose him to try and be friends with, but I guess it's understandable since he is in your own group." You widened your eyes, was what he was saying true? you took a slight step back, getting a slight chill in your spine from this guy.

You went to open your mouth to say something but a loud bell rang through the cafeteria, signaling that Dinner was done, and it was time to shower. The guy stood up and smiled at you.

" I guess I will see you later Y/N." He said, then turned and left the cafeteria. You stood there for a second, wondering how on earth he knew your name. You looked back at Elliot's table, seeing that he was already gone. You started to walk to the entrance, only to see that it was blocked by a figure.

they were leaned on one of the open doors with their arms crossed over their chest. Facing slightly inward, as if they were waiting for someone. There was no one else left in the cafeteria though, so it could only be you then. As you got closer to the door, finally being in front of it and not to the side of it, you finally saw who it was. It was Joshua.

You stopped in front of him, waiting for him to move so you could leave. He only looked at you distantly with calculating eyes.

" Careful around Henry Y/N." He said, and that was all he said, before turning around and walking in the direction of the men's shower room.

Henry? was that the man you were just talking to? What was going on? You did not even know Joshua, but you knew this Henry guy even less. You had seen both sides of the coin of patients here, the actual bad ones, and the misunderstood ones. Maybe Henry was a misunderstood one like you and Elliot.

But maybe, just maybe, it would be best to take Joshua's word on that for now. However, it was not like you weren't going to be careful anyway. After all, this Henry guy did give you the chills.

You looked at Joshua's distant figure for a second, before turning around and heading to the woman's shower yourself.