Chapter Nine: The Gate

Start from the beginning

Eleven looked at the Reeds, looking determined to close the gate.

Hawkins Lab - Underground

The gate was shown in full form, which was glowing red. A Demodog was standing guard, screeching.

Worlds Colliding (Stranger Things)

Motel 6 - Outside

Cops were here after the fight between Ruby and Aaron, and paramedics were wheeling Aaron away.

Billy pulled up to the motel, looking confused, pulling over his car, getting out, calling out. "Ruby?"

Ruby turned to face him, sighing, still looking like she was trying to keep her anger and powers under control. "Billy."

Billy walked closer. "What the hell happened?"

"Got into another fight, and now the cops are asking me questions about how the guy I got into a fight with is suddenly stark raving mad," Ruby answered.

"Did your foster dad find you?" Billy asked.

"Yeah," Ruby answered.

"Guess the date got cancelled because both our dick dads," Billy sighed.

"What about your dad?" Ruby asked.

"He found out that Max took off, wanted me to cancel so I can find her," Billy answered. "I thought she was at Lucas's, but Mrs. Sinclair said the Wheelers house is the designated hangout, but then Mrs. Wheeler said that the kids were all at the Byers house. Driving by here on the way to the Byers', and I saw the cops, figured it had something to do with you, Jinx."

Ruby scoffed. "Of course you did."

"Well, I wasn't wrong," Billy replied.

"No, you weren't," Ruby agreed. She was clearly trying not to freak out because of the chance she could lose control, but she didn't know how to stay completely calm in this. "I try to avoid situations like this, where strong feelings come into play. Once you get attached, once you lose control, you're fucked."

Billy tried to make a joke to diffuse the tension. "Well, not yet."

Ruby scoffed a laugh at that, but was too overwhelmed to do much else. "I don't know what to do, Billy. Aaron is completely out of his head, and I..."

"You what?" Billy asked. "The guy was insane before. You couldn't have done anything about it. And after what he's done to you, why are you feeling bad?"

Ruby sighed, shaking her head. "It's a long story. Listen, you should go."

"What?" Billy asked.

"You should go, because I have no idea how long I'm gonna have to stay here, or if they're taking me in or not," Ruby told him.

Billy chuckled. "And what, you don't want me to get in trouble too? For what, talking to a suspect? They can't honestly believe that you drove a man crazy just because he came to pick a fight with you."

Ruby looked down guiltily. "You'd be surprised."

Billy reached out, hand on her arm. "Ruby..."

Ruby, worried that her powers were still acting up and that they could affect Billy, took a step back, limping on her wounded leg as she did. "Billy, please go. You already got in trouble with your dad once tonight. If going stop this from happening to you because of dick dads..."