10. So we meet again

Start from the beginning

Clint stopped his car and stepped out. His phone dinged quietly and prompted him to look at the message he had received. He pulled out his STARKphone and looked at the message from Sam. Not looking where he was going, he walked up to Winding Roads Coffee and went to open the door. Just then, he bumped into another and dropped his phone in shock. 

He quickly went to catch whom ever he had bumped into and had just barely caught them. He swiftly set the person back to there feet and went to grab his now cracked phone.

"Oh my gosh! I am SO sorry!" He straightened at the sound of a melodic voice coming from the person he had bumped into.

"Blythe?" His eyes widened in shock as his eyes met hers.

"Clint?" Her upset face soon melted into one of joy and amusement making Clint smile as well. "What are you doing here?" He smiled at her question and ran his hand through his short hair.

"Getting coffee. What else?"

"Oh well duh. I just didn't know that you went to get coffee here." She tilted head a tiny bit as her cheeks heated like a fire. Clint had to hold back a groan as she did. Instead he bit his lip and looked at her feet. 

"Of course, Its the best coffee around here."

"Its my favorite!"

"Hey mine too!" They laughed at their remarks and settled into a small silence.

"So I'm guessing your leaving then?" Clint slipped his phone into his back pocket, completely forgeting about Sam's text. She nodded slightly and then drew her eyebrows to each other.

"I mean I guess. But, if you'd like some company I'd gladdly stay for awhile longer."

"I would love some company." Blythe's heart soared as he opened the door for her. She sat at a small booth in the back waiting for Clint to grab his coffee. SHe leaned back into her seat so he couldn't see her and put her straw between her lips. She watched as he walked up to the counter and as he swayed back and forth. Blythe couldn't lie if confronted. She was definetly checking him out.

She straightened up as he walked back and sat across from her. As he looked into her eyes the butterflies in both their stomaches fired up. Their wings in sync. They both smiled and a pink shimmer set in on their faces. 

"So how are you this fine morning?" Clint set his elbows on the table and messed with his coffee cup.

"Good. How are you?"

"Better now that I'm sitting across from you." Her cheeks set on fire but, she couldn't help but smile. 

"Smooth Barton. It surprises me your still single." She smirked as his eyebrows went up at her burn.

"Oh and you have a boyfriend again?" She scoft slightly still smiling. "Okay, even you have to agree that was a solid burn."

"Okay,okay. It was pretty good." She laughed and sipped at her Frappe.

"Good?! I'm looking for amazing or fantastic!"

"Nah. I'm sticking with my answer." He chuckled at her stubborness but couldn't help to enjoy her company. It'd been a long time since Clint had enjoyed himself around another person besides the team. It was a nice little change. 

The conversation varied between topics but, never dimmed. They talked about their family, all their favorite things, and even went into a few heavy topics. They talked of Blythes abusive father and Clint's abusive father. Clint even told her of Barney and his time at the circus. This got the woman to tear up a bit. Clint even branched out enough to hold her hand. 

The morning passed like a snap of the fingers and soon lunch time came and went. They settled into a comfortable topic and drank a few coffees each. Blythe ventured to the counter to grab a few sandwiches and ignored Jackson. The man tried to catch her attention but, her thoughts were focused on the man she was sitting with. 

Soon enough the sun went down and the two agents were still sitting in there booth. Clint had shed his leather jacket and Blythe slipped off her heels. Finally there time was up as Blythe's phone rang. They both jumped at the sudden intrusion and Blythe hurried to grab her phone. 

"Oh shit! It's 8 o'clock!"

"Already?"

"Yeah..." Their eyes were wide as Blythe's phone kept ringing. She finally shut it off and Clint looked out the window. Sure enough, it was pitch dark outside. He looked back at the woman infront of him and smiled a tiny bit. He just spent the whole day with the person he was so nervous to reach out too. "Well, Mr.Barton. I'd better get going or else Kailey will burn my house down." 

"I better get going too. I think the others just got back from a mission." He chuckled lowly as she slipped her heels back on clumsly and stood. He stood quickly as he noticed that she wobbled a bit. Setting his hands on her hips, she found her balance. There eyes met and Blythes cheeks turned red once again. Her eyes shot to look at his lips and she bit her own. Clint brushed a peice of her hair away from her face and leaned down slightly. Just a few more inches. She stood taller and leaned towards the archer. She closed her eyes and could feel his breath fanning out onto her mouth and time seemed to slip away. Just on more inch and his lips would be on hers.

But, they weren't. Instead Jackson cleared his breath from beside the two and rubbed the back of his head akwardly.

"Um sorry. We're closing up." He looked between the two before akwardly walking away. Clint stepped away from Blythe and her from him.

"Oh um... I better go. It was nice talking to you."

"Uh yeah. I'll see you later."

"Yeah, later."

And with that they departed from the coffee shop and back to their houses. Both held disappointment in their hearts for not closing that one last inch.