All I need right now is my Eddie spaghetti.

Every once In awhile I would catch the cop staring at me and Eddie through the rearview mirror.

I almost wanted to call him out on it, but I had to listen to Eddie and calm down.

We arrive at the hospital quicker than expected. I assumed it was 'cause we were in a cop car.

Everyone let's in cop cars on busy roads.

Not that I'm complaining or anything... I get to see my mama faster.

Me and Eddie hop out of the car and I almost screech (I hold it in of course)

I need to see her now.

But obviously something has to get in the way.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" The officer who drove us asks.

"Uh sure."

The officer eyes Eddie, and he walks off with Stan and Bill.

"Okay, whats up with you and tiny, over there?"

Is he's fucking serious?

"Excuse me?" I scoff.

"Are you guys like siblings or... what? You guys were all over each other in the car." He cringes.

The audacity that this guy has.

I clench my fists in rage. Here comes the homophobic comments.

"Not that it's any of your business or anything." I snarl. "But he's my boyfriend."

"He's your boyfriend huh?"

"Yep."

"Why don't you get a girlfriend? Isn't that more... normal?" The officer says and crosses his arms.

"I know you're refraining from calling me a faggot right now, and I really don't give two shits. My mother is dying in the hospital and you're complaining about my sexuality? Fuck off old man. If you don't like the fact that I'm in love with a boy, mind your own business and don't stare." I seethe at him and walk away to find Eddie.

I don't need people judging me for being in love with Eddie while my mom is in the fucking hospital.

Or you know what's even better? People not judging at all.

I find Eds waiting with Stan and Bill.

"Hey bubba. Everything okay?" Eds asks.

"Not really... the officer was complaining about us being together." I sigh. "Let's go in, shall we?" I grab Eddie's hand and walk through the automatic doors.

It was dead inside. No one was there besides a receptionist and 1 other random dude around my moms age.

"Hello... can you please tell me which room Maggie Tozier's in? Im her son..." I ask her nicely.

"I'm sorry, Maggie can't have any visitors right now. I'll call you up when you can see her."

"Oh, okay. Thank you." I frown.

We both go sit down in a big chair. This hospital is nice, they have comfy couches and chairs and cute coffee tables.

I almost feel like Im in my own living room.

Snuggle time ☺️🤗

"Eddie, what are we going to do?" I cry into my hands. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer.

"We can visit her in a little while, I promise Richie."

"I want to know what's wrong with her."

I rest my head on his chest while he rubs my back.

"We'll find out soon, okay? We're just going to have to be patient." He nuzzles his nose to mine.

He's gonna make me go insane.

"Oh stop Eddie. You're gonna make me go crazy." I blush.

The nervous pit in my stomach is replaced with fluttering butterflies.

"Good." He smiles back. "I love you Rich."

I close my eyes and lean myself more into him.

"It makes me so happy when you say that." I admit. "I love you too."

I know I shouldn't of, but I look over to Stan and Bill. They were sitting in individual chairs next to eachother.

I guess they aren't as comfortable being together in a public as me and Eddie are...

Me and Eds just don't give a fuck anymore. If someone doesn't like us being together, that's their problem and not ours.

Most of the time people just give dirty looks rather than beat the shit out of us. Thats only Henry and his side bitches.

I nuzzle my face back to Eddies.

"I can't wait til this is all over." I sigh.

"It will be soon Rich." He comforts.

"But what if it doesn't? What if mom gets hurt again? What if..... what if you get hurt? What if any of our friends get hurt? I just- I can't handle anymore of this."

I wrap my arms around Eddie's waist and hold him tightly against me.

"I'm never letting you go. I can't lose you."

"Oh Richie." He pulls both of my arms off of his waist, and wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me instead.

We are pretty much emotional tangled limbs in a chair right now.

"You'll never lose me. I can guarantee you that." He sniffles. "You're stuck with me Rich."

"No no, you're stuck with me." I chuckle.

"Aww there's that laugh." He giggles.

He lets go of my waist and moves his face in front of mine.

I notice Eddie looking down at my lips.

"Richie?" He breathes.

"Yes?" I answer.

"C-can I kiss you?"

I feel my face heating up and my hearts skips a beat.

I nod my head and I feel myself start to lean in.

"Why did you have to ask?" I chuckle. "We're always kissing."

"I just wanted to make sure that you were ready to." He says.

I was a centimeter away from being able to feel his warm lips on mine, when the officer barged in through the door and interrupted us.

"Richie Tozier?" He asks.

He has sweat dripping down his disgusting face and looks like he just got back from battle.

"Y-yeah?" I say worriedly.

"Your father is here." 

••••••••••••••••••

😳

1,460 words