Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Shigaraki said your name in turn, reaching up to scratch at his neck. He narrowed his eyes at you when he saw the child holding your hand. "What the hell is that brat doing here?"

"We both need a place to stay," you told him. "I was hoping that since I'm a member of the League, I'd be able to take her here with me where it's safer. The heroes were lying to me this entire time. I... I never should have trusted them."

"So you're actually here to stay?" asked a peppy voice suddenly from behind you. You turned to see a smiling Himiko Toga, grocery bags in her hands long forgotten as she catapulted herself towards you, wrapping you into a hug. "This is going to be so much fun! We can have girl talk and play games and cuddle and-" she cut herself off as she saw the child clinging onto you. "Oh. Who's this?"

"This is Eri," you told her. You looked down at the girl, motioning towards your friend. "Eri, this is Himiko. She's a friend, just like Big Sis Mags is."

Eri just nestled herself closer to you, hiding her face against your side.

"She's so cute!" Himiko exclaimed, teeth glimmering as she grinned widely. "She's so tiny! Can I cut her? Just a little?"

"No," you told her, tone harsher than you intended it to be. Himiko shrunk back from you, but kept her arms draped over your neck.

She sighed, humming a tune to herself as she nuzzled her face against your collarbone, strands of her hair tickling your neck. "That's okay! All I really need is you. Promise you won't be leaving us? Pretty please?"

"I promise," you told her. You had nowhere else to go. No one who would take you in. The League was your only option from now on- your only friends. You couldn't afford to keep talking to people outside of them. In fact, the first thing that you did after telling Himiko to get Kurogiri to warp you here was smash your phone. You didn't want to risk the pro heroes trying to track you down now that you were officially on the run.

"Good," Himiko told you, tone taking a dark turn. You couldn't help but feel a shiver run down your spine at the way she said it. She said the word as if you never really had a choice in the matter, anyways. You didn't want to believe that she would hurt you, but the pitch of her voice changing made you a bit on edge. Not that you would ever admit that to her, of course.

"I didn't say you could stay," Shigaraki said, and you turned to him, wide eyed. You opened your mouth to protest but he continued on, oblivious to your growing concern. "But I guess it's fine. Just make sure the brat stays out of our way."

You breathed a sigh of relief at his words. You officially had a place to stay- and you could keep Eri there too. That was one less thing that you needed to worry about, now. You could rest easy knowing that Magne and Himiko would help you take care of the little girl. You wouldn't have to fight off the world on your own. You had people that you could rely on. The thought made you feel a bit more at ease.

You nudged Himiko off you, asking her to take care of Eri for a second while you went back to where Magne was. You still had yet to explain what had happened to her. You walked off into the first room, finding Magne chatting up a small conversation with Kurogiri. You took the opportunity to sit next to her, grimacing as you remembered the events that had happened within the past few hours.

"So," you began. "It started off when I was walking to the principal's office to try and find one of the pro heroes I lived with for a short while."