Two

The alarm sounds and I groan, willing it to stop. I press snooze until 10 minutes later it goes off again. I have to take a shower so I reluctantly drag myself from the warm, cosy bed and jump in the shower. An hour later I'm ready with my blue jeans, black top and instead of the leather jacket I go for my peachy long cardigan.
Me and soph don't talk much on the way there, we just listen to the music provided by the radio as we're both too tired to really have an in depth conversation.
You'd think on the first day back we wouldn't be late but no, we arrive at the car park 15 minutes late for our first class. We rush through the doors expecting everyone to be in classes but instead are met with a bunch of rushing students. Me and soph look at eachother relieved that we aren't that late.
Our first class is philosophy, we make our way over and walk in. Peoples voices can be heard and everyone seems excited to see each other again. I smile at a guy I was paired with for biology last year, he smiles back when we walk past up the stairs towards the seats at the back.
We sit down and make ourselves comfortable while we wait for the professor, Sophie starts talking about how her mother keeps bugging her to keep hydrated and to ring her everyday which reminds me I have to ring my mom.
She's alone after my dad died when I was 13 and I don't like waiting too long to check up on her. She loved my dad more than anything and this was undeniable when she had a major breakdown after he died. I was nearly taken into care when my neighbour found out she has become catatonic. Since then I've been more of the mother than her, checking up on her, making sure she's eaten and making sure everything is okay. She hasn't dated since his death, she hasn't left the house much since either.
I am pulled out of my morbid thoughts when someone sits next to me. I turn to look at him and am met with the cocky grin of a man about my age. He wears a grey sweater and jeans with trainers that look brand new.
"Hi there."
He winks at me making me scoff at him.
"Bye there."
I look back at the front of the class pretending to be uninterested but he doesn't look away. It's begins to frustrate me.
"what?" I ask.
"I said hi and then you were sarcastic. Kinda mean but don't worry I like em that way."
"Ugh." How icky. I hear soph snicker making me shoot her a glare. I hope this idiot moves by next lesson.
I start to take out my notepad and pens but i drop one of them as the door to the auditorium opens, I bend down to pick it up as the professor starts talking. He announces his name is Mr Forbes and that he'll be our teacher from now on. His voice is different but oddly familiar so I scoop my pen up and look towards him.
The pen doesn't stay in my hand for long as when realise who it is it drops again and this time goes underneath the seat infront of me.
"No fucking way." My eyes widen as I realise I didn't stop those words from escaping my mouth. From panic I scramble and slide of the seat so I'm hidden. Soph gives me a weird look and so does the guy beside me, I can tell that their people are also looking at me as the professor has stopped talking.
"Uuh, excuse me?" His voice booms to all the way up here and instantly makes my heart beat even faster. "Can you stand up and perhaps not interrupt my class again?"
I curse myself again and slowly stand up so my back is facing him.
"By all means stay down there and do what you like to me." The boy says. "Shut up." I snap at him
I then slowly turn around. He sees my face and dawning realisation comes over his beautiful features.
He realises that I'm the girl he walked into at the supermarket yesterday.
*************************************
Throughout the lesson he keeps catching my eye and then looks away quickly, I don't know how to react every time so I end up just picking at my nails throughout the rest of the lesson.
Finally he says the class is over and we all stand to leave. Just as I am about to leave and escape this room full of tension I hear a deep husky voice call my name.
"Not so fast," he says "and you Mr pillory." He addresses the boy that sat next to me.
Pillory turns around feigning innocence.
"But sir, what did I do?"
Jesus are we in high school again?
"You both interrupted my lesson and I deserve more respect than that. You may think that because I'm new here you can walk all over me but believe me I can easily make your lives living hells so I suggest you follow my instruction. Are we clear?" His voice a cold ice.
He looks from me to Pillory with a hard expression, fully expressing that he has a no shit attitude when it comes to teaching. I have to admit I admire it.
When me and pillory don't answer he repeats "are we clear?". We both nod vigorously and then shuffle towards the door, I think that I've finally managed to get out of there without the supermarket incident being mentioned when,
"Um miss...?" I stop and mouth a curse word knowing full well he can't see.
Pillory turns around and winks at me before leaving. I turn around expecting the worst when I find Mr Forbes standing with raised eyebrows.
"Bennett. Caroline Bennett."
"Well Miss Bennett I really don't appreciate you voicing your opinions so loud in my class."
I cringe inwardly, I can't believe I said it that loud.
"Yes, sorry sir." I turn to leave.
"I let it slide in the supermarket but it's different in the classroom." I can almost hear his smile.
I sigh loud enough for him to hear and exit as quickly as I can. He just couldn't keep it quiet could he.