Chapter 1: Myself

Xyla Andrews

I remember feeling like I wasn't good enough
Had me questioning myself
I wasn't sure enough
Had me looking in the mirror
Tryna analyze my figure
I ain't perfect
You want perfect
So that figures
You always put me in a bad place
Said we were moving at a fast pace
It was all my fault (fault)
I fell in love too hard
I loved you when I didn't love myself (yeah, yeah)
Said you love me
But you only loved yourself
You rocked me so hard
You played all your cards right
You played with my heart
I might..., I might not be the same way
- Layton Greene
—————- ——————————————
"Please! Stop! Don't do this, I'm sorry." I screamed as he hit me continuously. Khalick came home once again drunk and yelling. I've been going through this for the last 3 months, his father just died so I guess this is how he copes.

"You dumb bitch, you thought this shit was over? You thought you was gone leave me hoe? That's the shit we on? Bitch I'll kill you right now, I swear to god Xy." Khalick said as he paced the floor.

He saw an empty suitcase and assumed I was leaving him. Now I'm paying the consequences for something I really should've done.

Why haven't I left yet? He doesn't love me... he goes out every night doing only god knows what.

He creeped closer to me, lowering down to my level we were now face to face. I smelled the liquor lingering on his breath. He grabbed me by my neck and slammed me against the wall. I immediately winced in pain. He stared at me, anger filled deeply in his eyes. His grip on my neck tightened. I could feel my skin getting hot and red.

Lord don't let me die like this...

*FLASH BACK OVER

Its been 11 months since my ex Khalick and I split and I've never been more happier. I finally got tired of getting my ass whooped, so a bitch bossed up and left that ass high and dry. I've moved on to bigger and better things. I've gotten my own apartment, I own a hair salon which I'm pretty known around my state for and I've been tryna let go of the past and focus on me now. My mom was proud of me and I wanted to keep this up.

My phone rings and interrupts me from my thoughts. I accepted the call when I seen it was from my bestie.

"Bitchhhhhh!" Sevyn exclaimed. I mentally rolled my eyes at how loud this girl was.

"Yes? Calm down girl you're loud as hell." I sighed.

"I'm having a lil kickback with some friends I met last week, so come over! Ima cash app you $30 so you can pick up some snacks for us." She said.

"Alright, what time does it start?" I asked.

"I'll text you the info bestie." Sev said before hanging up. I shook my head. Well I guess I gotta get out the house now.

I put my phone on the charger before grabbing my speaker and going in the bathroom to shower. I bluetoothed my phone to the speaker and played my playlist. I stripped from my clothes and turned the shower to as hot as it goes and stepped in. I cannot shower in warm water, that shit has to be steaming.

"You love it when I call your name, daddy, daddy" I sang along with K. Michelle as we finished the song.

I washed everything on my body and after 20 minutes I was out. I wrapped myself in my purple towel, and headed out the bathroom. I checked my phone and saw that Sevyn texted me.