Chapter One

Several months had passed since the events at Glennmoor. Its reconstruction under the supervision of Prince Roan had the city near pristine condition, though the lives lost were forever gone. Still, the Church of Thaud was reopened by a priest of valorous repute. Trade routes were reopened, and since Tyre, Ulfberth, and Owensbrook were under the supervision of Prince Roan's vassals, the state of Ruvonia was looking well.

Unfortunately, King Roan, who had been presiding from the capitol of Stormguard, died mysteriously. Reports suggested he had died of natural causes, old age, and so it had fallen upon the Magickal Prince to take the throne, yet he deferred to his younger sister, claiming his duties lied in Xorinth and rebuilding the cities defiled by the White Wraiths. She had agreed reluctantly; her fears were that some of her father's men—his generals, his confidants, his advisors—were either in league with the White Wraiths or in league with sinister nobles who wished to rule the country from darkened corners.

She had only just extricated herself from one of those nobles, Lionel Owens, who was killed in Owensbrook after bending the will of the citizenry in order to perpetuate his influence, and so she was left untrusting of those who surrounded her. Her brother promised assistance. Together, they gave their best efforts, but he still had a mission to oversee; it was he, disguised as Detective Mathew, who had commissioned Larson and Garrett to recover the Lagos artifacts and halt the daemon's progression before becoming a God.

To that end, Prince Roan diverted the bulk of his efforts to studying the daemon world, Markosh. Garrett, still suffering from the loss of his old friend, a high elf called Rolas, offered his assistance, and since his elven lover, Lyalla, was a caring soul, she stayed with the aspiring wizard in Xorinth. The others returned to their homes; Fortha traveled back to the mountain elf community near Fargo, where Seanessy, the dwarf, lived with his wife and child. Yoris and Wilma returned to Ulfberth in an effort to help rebuild their town and keep it safe from whatever hid behind darkened recesses. That left Charlotte to travel to Stormguard; Roan prevailed upon her to uncover as much information as possible through her connections with the thieves' guild, and Larson, his faith in Akalabash doubled, decided to visit Johann, a priest of the God of War, at the temple of Akalabash in Xorinth before ultimately traveling to Riverdale.

Thanks for reading. More coming soon. If you're interested in the first 12 stories of The Adventures of Larson and Garrett, you can visit the fantasy tab of StoriesbyDennis . com!