I should too.

I love you Alena. Leo's last words enter my mind.

Looking deep in my heart, I am not sure that I am ready to forgive him. When I look at Leo, I see our children ... I see our moments of happiness and love in the past ... but I also see the pain of his rejection ... the years of hardship ... the loneliness in my children's eyes. However, this time I won't lock up my feelings and run away. I will face these feelings of mine so that in time, hopefully, I will be able to give him my full forgiveness. Not for Leo's sake ... not for the children's sake ... but for myself.

Knock. Knock.

"Mom? You awake?" My little angel Laila calls out as she opens the door.

"Yes sweetie. Are you hungry?" I ask, seeing my bedside clock say that it was quarter past eight in the morning.

As she nods in response, I say "Okay let me quickly make breakfast."

"Its okay Mom we made breakfast. I came to wake you up so we can eat together." Laila says proudly.

At first I am surprised, then I look at her sternly to calmly reprimand her. "What did I tell you before Laila? If you are hungry, call me. You are not allowed to cook unsupervised. What if a fire happens or you cut yourselves?"

She nods sincerely and answers "I understand Mom. But were not alone, Daddy was with us. He taught us how to make pancakes."

"Daddy? Leo is here?" I ask surprised for the second time this morning.

"Mhmm. I woke up early today and wanted to play catch. So I went to Lucca's room and woke him up to play. He didn't wake up at first because he said he was still sleepy. I told him I wanted to play catch and said pretty please like you said to say when asking for something. So finally Lucca woke up and got changed and when we went down we saw Daddy sleeping on the couch. We woke him up to ask why he was sleeping here and Daddy said that he was worried because you weren't feeling well last night. Are you still feeling bad Mommy?" She ends her quick and detailed recounting of this morning's events with a frown.

Touched by her concern, I pat her in the head and answer "Not anymore baby. I feel better after a good night's rest."

She looks at my face, assessing if I was truly okay. Since we hadn't gotten to the part about the pancakes I ask "And how did you end up making pancakes baby?"

At the mention of pancakes, Laila's face lights up once again as she answers "We were sad that you were not feeling well so Daddy suggested that we make pancakes for breakfast to make you feel happy. We woke up Lei so all three of us could make pancakes for you. I'm done making and Lucca also. Lei is almost done so I came here to call you so we can eat." She finishes her story with a bright smile.

"Okay sweetheart. Why don't you allow me to wash my face and then I'll come down."

"Okay! I'll tell Lei, Lucca, and Dad. Hurry Mom, I'm hungry." She says before running out of my room.

I shake my head with a smile. Laila, my only girl, is so full of energy and positivity. I grab a loose shirt and leggings and proceed to wash my face and get changed. After five minutes, I enter the dining room to Lei exclaming "My pancakes are the best!"

Lucca, who hates losing, raises an eyebrow and retorts "Let's see what Mom has to say."

Leo exclaims "Okay okay that's enough. Everyone have a seat. Alena's here."

As soon as I take my seat Laila says to me "Mom, each of us made a pancake for you and for Daddy. And Daddy made us pancakes."

"Wow, Thank you." I pause giving each of the children a flying kiss. "You are best children a mother could have."