21 | they're here

Start from the beginning

"Annie's house."

"Annie's house? Why?"

"Are you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here."

"Why?"

"Because I'm not at home."

"What do you need."

"Go purple."

"I'm on my way."

And by that, she ended our call.

"Go purple?" Annie asks making me giggle.

"It was just our codes since we were young. Back then, we would use them every time." I explain. "But now, we use it when we're on phone calls or messaging each other only."

"Oh." She commented. "What does it mean?"

"Purple means mostly about parties and those stuff." I explain. "Red for emergency, pink for happy proposal and romantic stuff, white for peace, black for something scary, mostly something dark, like death, blue for something related to heartbreaks, green for something related to vacation planning and a few more other colors."

"That seems cool. But why think of those codes at a young age?" She asks.

"I have literally no clue." I state. "I can't even remember a thing about being a kid anymore. All I could remember was Jayden and Maddie being my childhood besties."

~+~

J o h n n y

Annie and I walk in the mansion.

The air filled with the scent of alcohol as we both enter.

She holds my hand and as we both walk in further into the house.

Music blasting everywhere.

As we go further into the house, I realized Annie tighten her grip on my hand.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

She looks up.

"I'm not used to this." She stated.

"Come on, I think that's a good place where you can stay." I tell her, leading both of us to the kitchen.

"Are you....going to drink?" She asks.

"Depends if you'll allow me." I reply.

She tightens her grip on my hand.

"You wanna go outside or something? I feel like you need to go get some....fresh air." I ask her.

She nods and we both go out to the backyard.

We sit on one of the benches there in peace.

She lays her head on my shoulder as we both look at the sky.