Pulled away

Depuis le début

"I'm not sick!" I jerked my finger to Audrey "and you - hands off, he's mine" Audrey smiled as I walked beside her as Sweeney gave me a concerted look "you sure this is what you want?" I felt him kiss my forehead "as much as you want to keep your lucky coin yours" I tossed him his coin proving my point "don't leave it in bed next time" We took a jog to the gym and stepped inside the 'classroom'.

I watched as the woman in charge lectured Audrey that 'she didn't need to be here anymore' but she just smiled "I'm here for a friend, Lore would you come here a second?"

I strolled over quietly pretending to be oblivious to their discussion "is everything ok?" The woman gave me a kind smile as her smooth Texas accent filled my ears "if you don't mind me asking, what surgery did you have?"

I lifted my hoodie to show the two lines "removal of foreign objects. I slipped and fell on a knife while cooking" she examined the scars "those are quite the scars!" I chuckled in embarrassment

"I've never heard your name before, is it foreign?" I smiled nodding "'Lorelyn', yea it's Greek. I'm originally from Ithaca"

She rubbed my shoulder soothingly "well, let's start your recovery journey!" I took a yoga mat at the back and started following the routine. Everyone noticed Audrey was agitated that I was so flexible

"How are you even doing that?!" I smirked as I worked my way into a bridge "I was a ballerina once" once we finished yoga, the whole group decided to go on a run around town. As I went, I saw Wednesday raise a drink to me...Laura must've asked him to keep an eye on me.

I could tell Audrey wasn't enjoying my company "So that tall guy? Is he your husband or something?" I concentrated on my feet as I started to sway slightly

"He's my boyfriend. He's also one of my 'carers' since the accident" i remembered one thing that Audrey and I had in common - Laura had slept with both our men

"She slept with your husband right? Well turns out she slept with Sweeney as well" she gaped "no!" I chuckled darkly "I threw a chair among other things at him, he said it was a 'ritual' or something? I was so pissed!"

I took a few deep breaths "I'm still getting over it" as the other ladies gracefully slowed and sat, I stumbled and collapsed to the floor laughing "you alright laralyn?" The Texan woman still couldn't get my name as I nodded confirming that I was alright "that's all for today, same time again next week. Now go home and get washed up, you did great!"

I rested my head on my folded arms on my knees "what's wrong, sweetheart? Sad your field trip is over?" I glanced around to see Wednesday "have you visited giagiá (grandma)? Laura mentioned her"

He shook his head "your grandmother is a fascinating woman but too strong headed for me to visit the dear. She'd 'love' to see her 'black mark' engoní (granddaughter)" I rolled my eyes getting up "Laura said you weren't well, what happens? Recovery got you down?" I hurried behind a tree to vomit without warning "and I told her I was 'fine'" I wiped my mouth and strut back to my apartment.

I threw my bag onto the bed and sat on the floor with my head in my hands trying to catch my breath. Laura strolled over seeing me "how was it?" I rushed past her just reaching the bathroom to throw up again, I was determined that I was ok, I needed to get back in the game and I was stubborn to be fine.

Just as I finished, the door opened and lucky charms strolled in but worry coated his face as he saw me over the toilet "you said you were fine!" I wiped my mouth standing in a stubborn notion "and I am" he looked at Laura with a look of help as I...

Just as I finished, the door opened and lucky charms strolled in but worry coated his face as he saw me over the toilet "you said you were fine!" I wiped my mouth standing in a stubborn notion "and I am" he looked at Laura with a look of help as I stumbled to the bed and flopped down collapsing into a deep sleep.