Chapter 2

Four years, four whole years have gone by without leaving the moulded walls of this house. It was. disgusting, purely disgusting, but she. fell for him.
She did.
She was once the most gorgeous girl in school, and damn did she have a lot of choices to pick from, but no, only one caught her eye, Jack.
He was smart, rich, and athletic, and good in so many other ways too.
He was perfect.
Too perfect.
He was nice.
Too nice.
She should have seen it coming.
It was all her fault for being too trusting, too. vulnerable, too weak,
too fragile.
Within 3 months of dating she moved in with him, it seemed like a dream, the perfect one too. He was rich and could provide for all their needs, what could be better?
What's the use of regretting it now, she can't change the past, and there isn't a point in dreaming of a better future anyway.
It was once, and he promised he'd never do it again.
He got drunk at a frat party, and slapped her, even raped her.
But she should've known it wouldn't stop there, and told herself that it wasn't a promise he could keep.
A promise he could've never kept.
How many times did he bring home another girl, more beautiful than she could ever have been at that moment.
She could probably have counted them all.
One turned to two and. two turned to countless other times.
But she still chose the stay with him.
The door started to unlock.
He's back now, she looked up at the clock, 3:43am.
'Baby I'm back!'
She shivered, from the. gust of wind he brought in with him, the chill running up her spine. She felt the pulse of her bruises, the marks left unseen ,but scarred her forever.
He had exploited her love for him, he had taken advantage of it.
And there's no stopping him now.
She was huddled in a small ball, almost lifeless, from how he left her.
'Babe, I'm hungry, can you cook?'
'Y-eah.' Her voice was hoarse.
From all that reckless shouting, but who could hear her anyway?
She got up slowly, arms. trying to support herself, almost.falling before catching herself.
Tremble, collapse.
She got up, successfully this time.
She dragged herself to the stove, probably the only thing she really kept clean in the house. She felt his heat, closing in on her, like a shark closing in on its prey, or how a python wraps around its prey, until it finally gives in, and dies, breathless, motionless, unknown to the world around it.
As is anyone would care about her. She was just one girl, her sisters had better things to do anyway.
Blossom was with her counterpart, Brick, and Buttercup was engaged to Butch at the time. They thought Bubbles was in good hands when they left they. How wrong they were.
He wrapped his hands around her, she. couldn't breathe, she felt suffocated. She didn't say anything.
'So what did you get up to today?'
No response, she couldn't bring herself to say it, the same thing everyday.
It was disgusting.
He leaned to her ear, 'Bitch you better fucking answer me.'
She winced, but nonetheless replied:
'Great baby. I missed you so much, I did nothing other than wait for you to come back.'
Just like reading off a script.
Grip tightened, she knew where this was headed.
'Kiss me.'
'N-no.'
It was barely a whisper.
'What did you say?'
Silence.
Raised voice, 'What did you say you whore?'
'I said no.'
She tried to straighten herself, maybe seem a bit bigger?
He cupped her face in one hand, squeezing her face.
She stirred the spaghetti continuously, the smell travelling up her nose, she made. this everyday, and she hoped everyday that she could eat something other than scraps of leftovers. Her last decent meal was a few months ago.
He squeezed harder.
'I said kiss me.'
He clenched his teeth, hard, almost at a crushing rate.
He pulled her face towards him, she had to stare in his bloodshot eyes, how did she fall for him again?
She could smell the disgusting stench that wafted to her nose, drinking again. His other hand gripped onto her arm, that was gonna leave another mark on that bruise.
'Honey, you're hurting me.'
'Baby, one kiss, come on you pussy.'
She closed her eyes, trying to not feel it as she leaned in to kiss him.
Maybe that's why he chose her, because he felt like he had dominance over her. Maybe for her looks and curves?
Suddenly, she got another hit of that smell.
Flinch.
Wrong move.
'Bitch why did you jump?'
She looked down, avoiding his gaze.
Punch to the stomach, she deserved it though, should've known better to go against him.
The pain radiated through her body, she wondered when the last straw was, and whether there was one at all.
She looked up, he wasn't stopping.
Soon, smashed flower vase on head.
Passed out. On the bed, naked, he raped her again.
Again.
The cycle never ends right?