Chapter I

Stella's POV

"I'll be fine. I promise." Mom said as she was telling me to go inside the airport. I held my luggage and released a deep sigh.

I looked back to my mom and run back to her and hugged her tight. "I'll be back. I promise. So wait for me. Be healthy and don't do a lot of heavy activities." I said.

"Take good care of mom." I looked at my younger brother Ryan. "Call me when you need something or anything." He nodded at me and hugged us too.

Mom tapped me at the back. "Of course. I'll do everything my daughter tells me to do. Come on. Go now. You might miss your flight." I looked at her, hugged her once again, and started walking inside the airport.

Here you go Stella. There's no more turning back. Prepare yourself.

It's been a long time since I last rode a plane and that was the time my family and I migrated here in Canada. I never thought I'll be going back to South Korea after years... and I never thought I'll be working there.

-flashback-

65 new emails

"Wow. 65. And none of them is a reply from any decent company here in Canada." I told myself while browsing my email.

All the emails are either notifications from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and... oh wait. What's this?

Photographer Job Opportunity

I immediately clicked the email to see what's inside it.

"A pleasant day, Ms. Stella Yoon.

This is Park So Hye, JYP Entertainment HR.

JYP Entertainment is one of the leading entertainments here in South Korea with artists - Wonder Girls, 2PM, Miss A, to name some. In line with this, we are very much interested in talking with you for a job opportunity as a part of the Creatives Team for our new artists.

Upon seeing your photos in your online portfolio, we knew that your photography style is what we are looking for. If you are interested, please send your updated resumé and I will contact you for the contract signing.

Hoping for your response."

This email was sent 3 days ago. Why didn't I see this when I have been frequently checking my emails?!

I immediately opened my resumé and updated portfolio, edited it, and started replying to this company. As I was about to click send, I heard a voice inside my head.

"I was accepted as a trainee in JYP Entertainment."

Brian.

Instead of clicking send, I opened a new tab and typed the words 'Brian Kang JYP Entertainment'.

JYP Entertainment releases teaser photos of Young K for their upcoming debut.

Young K. Brian's stage name. Why did I ever forget? I was too pre-occupied in finding a decent job while having 4 freelance jobs a day. So he's finally debuting as a musician.

I went back to the email and discarded my reply. I should not show myself to him. After all that has happened...

1 week later

I still haven't found a full time job and these freelance jobs are killing me. I overwork yet I don't get paid correctly.

My savings are almost gone... and I don't know how I can sustain our needs for the next months. Or even maybe weeks.

Suddenly, an email popped up. It's from JYP Entertainment.

"Thank you so much for accepting our offer. To further discuss about the job and your salary, we would love to meet you here in our headquarters in South Korea.

Please do give us the following information so that we could book you a flight as soon as possible."

What? Wait. I didn't send my...

"Oh! So you're finally having a full time job." Mom exclaimed.

I stood up in surprise. "Mom.. how.. what.. when... I did not send my resumé to them."

"I know." Mom replied. "I did."

Wha..aat?

"I know you've been working hard with your freelance jobs and I know you're getting underpaid. And yet you still give me money for my medications." She said.

"Mom.."

She smiled at me. "If that job is the job that will make you feel less stressed while earning a decent amount of money, I don't care if we get separated for a while."

I am loss for words. I don't know what to say.

"I'm sorry that I have become a burden for you. You should be living a good life and not stressing yourself with my medications." She said.

"I don't care if I get stressed. I don't care if I'm underpaid. As long as I am here with you, it will work out." I said. She smiled weakly and suddenly held her chest with pain in her face.

"Mom!" I shouted. I immediately called my brother to help me bring mom to the hospital.

At the hospital...

The doctor went out of the emergency room and talked to me. "How's my mom doing doctor?" I asked.

"Currently, she's now stable. But I don't know when she'll have these attacks again. We're already considering a heart transplant for her if her condition worsens." The doctor said.

"How much will it cost, doctor?" My brother asked.

"It will cost a lot since you will also be paying for the heart that will be used for her." He answered.

Upon hearing the doctor's words, a tear fell from my eye. I'm helpless. I don't know what to do.

Ryan hugged me tight. "We'll find a way. I know we can."

I looked at him, "Can you please stay with mom for a while?"

I went outside the hospital, took my phone, and replied to JYP Entertainment. Life left me no choice but to accept that job.

-end of flashback-

After more than half a day of travelling to South Korea. I have safely arrived. I passed the immigration, took my luggages, and met Mr. Son at the airport.

"Stella-ssi?" Mr. Son asked.

I nodded to him and he immediately helped me with my things. We're now heading to JYP Entertainment.

———————————————
Author's Message

First chapter of my new story is finally out. I'm still not used to with the new Wattpad features. I'm still studying it. Lol.

Since it's been a long time since I last wrote a story, I don't know if this chapter is long or short. So please do tell me in the comments so that I can adjust.

Thank you so much for reading.

Love,
Ruth (A Fangirl's Heart)