Y/N didn't hesitate to pull the boy close to her, Bill instantly wrapping his arms around her and digging his face into the crook of her neck as his whole body shook. Y/N softly kissed the side of the boy's head before running a hand through his hair, whispering softly into his ear, "It's okay. I'm here. We're all safe. It's over."

It took a minute for Bill to calm down, but even then he couldn't bare to look Y/N in the eye, too upset and too embarrassed for her to see him like this. Y/N knew this and just put her hands on either side of the boy's face before whispering, "Bill, look at me. Look at me."

Bill reluctantly let his eyes flicker up to look at her and she smiled lovingly at him as she wiped away his tears with her thumbs. "It's not your fault I got trapped in there. I tripped over my own two feet and got there late. You couldn't have known, so how could you possibly have stopped that?" she asked.

"But-" Bill began, but Y/N cut him off by lovingly rubbing her thumb across his cheek, her eyes looking at him in a way that spoke all of her emotions without her having to say anything.

"I'm here, okay?" she whispered, the words being exactly what Bill needed to hear at that moment. "I'm here and I'm with you. And you want to know how that's all possible? Because you pulled everyone together and came to find me. If you hadn't shown up, I would've been a goner. It's because of you that I'm alive."

Bill didn't know what to say as he stared at the girl before him. There were just so many emotions running through him that he couldn't even figure out what he was feeling at that moment. All he could think about was how much he cared for the girl.

About how much he loved her.

His lips trembled slightly as he stared at her with watery eyes. "I just. . .I-I-I can't lose you," he finally managed to whisper, a single tear rolling down his cheek which Y/N was quick to wipe away despite her own tears.

"You won't," she assured him as she stared at him as if she were trying to prove a point. "You won't."

The teens were silent after that, both of them just staring at each other as unspoken words and feelings floated between them. Bill was the first to move and he leaned forward so that their foreheads were resting against each other, their breaths mingling together as they both closed their eyes and enjoyed the closeness between them.

Bill was holding onto Y/N's arm, his thumb rubbing small circles on her wrist while his other arm was wrapped around her waist. Y/N had a hand against the boy's upper part of his neck, her thumb rubbing gently against his jaw while her other hand held onto his arm.

Their noses brushed against each other, but neither made a move, both too afraid to put their feelings out into the open despite every thing that had happened. After a few minutes of them in this position, Y/N finally moved her head up slightly, her nose brushing against Bill's again while her breath was close enough to fan the boy's face.

Bill let his eyes flutter open and they instantly locked with the most stunning pair of e/c eyes he had ever seen. The same eyes he found himself getting lost in almost every day, the same eyes he loved to find looking at him, the same eyes he had fallen in love with.

Bill was just about to move forward, to take that final inch away and finally put his feelings out into the open. But right when he was about to leave forward, when both of their eyes had fluttered closed once again and their breaths were caught in their throat, a loud bang on the door had the two jumping back in surprise.

Y/N slipped from Bill's hold and into the sink, the action causing her to hit her back against the faucet and her legs to fly up slightly as she was suddenly thrown back. Bill on the other hand stumbled back into the towel rack behind him, hitting his head against the metal rod and making him wince in pain.