This made Anastasia just let out a huff and as she was walking past the woman to Jace's office she mumbled "Bitch." Underneath hear breath knowing fully well that the woman still heard her but the blonde not giving a care in the world.

"I know I've said it before Jace but I'll say it again, you need a new secretary. Wendy really is a mood kill." The older man laughed at Anastasia words as she sat down.

"Thanks for the advice Anastasia but I'll keep her, she's been working here before I took over the business and in fairness she only has a problem with you after the incident." Hearing the last bit Anastasia cringed slightly on the inside while Jace gave her a pointed but amused look at the end.

"Anyways enough about that. How have you been? Your family has been all over the news lately I'm sure that has affected you in a way. How's your eating habits?" His tone was quite serious but mostly concerned, he was a very empathic person and all his clients meant a lot to him but since he met Anastasia he had grown really close with the girl resulting in him maybe worrying more about the girl than he professionally should.

Running her fingers through her hair, a nervous habit the girl had developed over the years. "It not the first time that our name is in the news this isn't anything knew. Besides one annoying and frustrating teenage boy I'm fine... "She said getting slightly flushed with the topic before slightly getting of topic. "And my eating is fine. Anders spies on me like a freaking secret agent to make sure I eat. He's always moved like a shadow around the house but now it's getting out of control." She finished off while throwing her hands out in exaggeration making the man in front of her to watch her amused.

It was great to know that there was someone out there that was monitoring her like this in her house, a couple months prior whenever she was eating it was like she thought it was poisoned. Each forkful was tinier that you'd feed a baby and even then she nibbled it, pausing before taking any more. She was careful too not to allow the food to touch her lips. So this was a great positive that Jace was more than happy to hear.

"He cares about you, now tell me more about this boy?" Hearing the last bit frustration grew at a rapid speed inside of the girl. Her face had gotten so red you could mistake her for a tomato, and the very much evident smirk on his face after he asked that question only made the girl more riled up.

In situations like this his nickname for her made the most sense, she was as feisty as one on a daily but it was in situations when she really would get heated up by something that him calling her tiger would make the most sense to anyone.

"You're evil." Was all she was able to grunt out at the man knowing exactly what he was doing. Yes the professional part of him needed to ask about the sudden mention of a new person circling in her life but the other side of him mentioned it plainly knowing how it would affect her.

"Easy there Tiger, it's only a question." He laughed as she groaned.

°▪︎◇◇◇▪︎°

They say a man who lives fully is not afraid of death.

Yet, Anastasia has not lived fully, but she was nowhere near afraid of death. In fact, she found death intriguing. Where will she go? Will she be a ghost, or will she sleep forever? Will she go to Heaven or Hell? Valhalla? Reincarnation?

The fact that she didn't know what she will face when she meets death should scare her. But it didn't, because it was a mystery, and she loved mysteries. But it was hard to find people who got what she meant.

In her eyes death was just a painful truth. A foggy road, and we must get through that fog called life to finally see the clearing. It's yet another path to walk, and who is to say it will be our last?