Funeral

°▪︎◇◇◇▪︎°

°▪︎◇◇◇▪︎°

Early mornings are their own reward. The buildings are silhouettes against a crimson sky and the air smells of the fresh new day. There is no drone of cars, or the hiss as they move over the rain coated street. There is something about the dawn that makes each new day such a gift, eases it in gently, unwrapping the world anew. By contrast waking later in the day feels like a rudeness, the sun already high, bright and hot. At this time of day, the air is cool and damp, Anastasia could go to an all day spa and not be so refreshed, so recharged...

So as Anastasia sits on the grey sofa in the underwater light of the waiting room, hands holding onto the warm coffee she got herself a few minutes ago from her favourite cafe. The light here is never direct, since the room faces north; she finds this peaceful.

She doesn't always like to wake up so early, if anything the girl is more of a night owl from her insomnia, but there would be occasions on which waking up so early in the morning would be a treat and not a chore.

Luckily for her the day she would be doing her weekly appointment with Jace would be a day she liked the morning.

The soft buzz of her phone informing her she's received a message was what brought her out of her little daze, slowly rolling her eyes before reaching for the phone. She didn't have to see who the message was from to know it would be her father. The older man knew his daughter would be leaving earlier in the morning and although he had been planning to have a meeting with his whole family about the current situation he knew a simple text about what was discussed would be enough. It was Fallon and Krystle who he worried the most about in this situation.

'We need to present a united front to the police and the press. If you have any traces of Matthew on any of your devices remove it. And remember you can only trust family.' Reading the last part made the girl roll her eyes. Trust is a very strong word and almost never goes along with the surname Carrington. Yes, the girl loves her family but trust is another thing, sure she would trust Fallon with her borrowing her dress but not with a dark secret knowing her sister would most likely use it as blackmail in the future if she needed to.

But then again so would Anastasia.

There are only four people the girl fully trusts with anything, and it wouldn't be a surprise for anyone to know that those four people weren't her siblings and parents.

"Anastasia," The sound of someone calling her name made the girl look up from her phone to see Jace standing in the doorway of his office smiling down at the girl. "Ready when you are." He smiled gently before going back inside the room.

Standing up softly from the couch with the now empty coffee cup still in her hand Anastasia rolled her eyes at the look the secretary was giving her from behind of her desk.

"Tone down with that look Wendy I learned from the last times, I won't leave the cup on the desk I'll bin it jeez. No need to go all evil eyes on me." Anastasia joked lightly as she moved towards the bin but the look on the older woman's face didn't disappear. And once the empty cup ended in the bin the woman just simply looked back at her work yet her face staying as it was.