Tessa's heart was wildly thundering against her chest upon realizing the song was coming to an end. Once the final beat struck, she spun around before Draco grabbed her and then held her firmly with her leg hooked around him as she fell backwards to a dip. Her blood roared in her veins at the way her skin heated as Draco's fingers grazed the smooth flesh exposed from her dress's slit.

     Slowly, he lifted her back up, his hands still holding her thigh and her waist. They were both breathing heavily when she pressed her forehead against his, neither of them speaking for a moment except to search the other's eyes.

     Draco's eyes flickered down to the place he was still holding her — his hand broad and warm against her thigh — and he let out a shaky breath. "You're killing me, Braveheart."

     Tessa couldn't help but to smile up at him, her chest heaving to catch her breath as she whispered, "Let's get out of here."

     Draco grinned devilishly at her and set her back down on her feet before grabbing her hand as the dragon and his fire left the room.

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

"Your room must be a mess," Tessa mused as they strolled side by side through his mother's sunflower garden.

Draco rolled his eyes. "It's not a mess — I just wanted to show you this place instead of my boring old room." He paused to raise an eyebrow at her. "Besides — why are you so insistent we go to my room? Unless — "

Tessa flushed and shoved his arm. "Shut up, you know I didn't mean it that way."

Draco burst out laughing, his eyes crinkling at the sides as his porcelain white hair fell atop his mask. He reached up and delicately removed it, moonlight glinting off the intricate designs of the dragon mask. He tucked it inside the pocket of his jacket and sent Tessa a glance. "How did you come here anyways?"

Tessa shrugged as they made their way leisurely toward the patio outside held up with beautiful, white-stone pillars. "I found a way — it's top secret," she said, sending him a teasing wink.

"But your mother — ?"

"My mother," Tessa cut in smoothly, a slight edge in her voice as she remembered what Catherine had said a week ago, "doesn't have a clue that I'm here."

They stood at the mouth of the garden for a short moment in silence, watching the gleaming moon amidst the scatter of stars.

"Thank you," Draco mumbled, flashing her a smile that made her insides melt. "I'm glad you came today."

Tessa fondly watched the soft planes of his aristocratic features and she returned his words, "Anything for you, Draco."

He recognized them as something flickered in his eyes. He looked away hastily to duck his head and hide the burning patch of red in his cheeks. Clearing his throat, he remembered something from earlier as he turned back to her again. "So — are you finally going to tell me how you got those dance lessons?"

Tessa crossed her arms and raised her chin up high. "Why the determined interest? Eager to know who I've been up close and personal with?"

Draco didn't laugh like she expected him to. Instead, he took a step over to her with those darkened eyes and cunning smirk of his. Another step closer made Tessa drop her hands to her side as she craned her neck up to look at him. "And what if I really want to find out about that? Will you tell me?"