part 57 | internship

Start from the beginning

"Right, and you want me to assist you with this job?" he nods.

"We need both you AND Mystery~chan." he shuddered "That's so weird to say out loud for me." she raised her hand.

"Wait, hold up. You need Mystery~chan? What can she do that can possibly help?"

"Mystery~chan is adored by millions for her beauty and is believed to be a woman that OWNS millions of dollars." she laughs, throwing her head back before shooting back up and snapping her fingers.

"Hah! I'm not." he rolled his eyes.

"We're currently on a case where there's a group that is handling an illegal fighting ring." she furrows her brows at that "Our intel tells us that the ring leader is sending out invitations only to those with big cash, there's no doubt, well a little bit of doubt, that if we use you, we can get an invitation and stop these illegal fights." she sighs.

"... what exactly makes these fights illegal? There are many underground battles going on, what makes this one so special?" he leans forward, having his elbows resting on his knees then letting then hang.

"Children are being made to fight." her eyes widened at that "Children with unique or powerful quirks, before being sold off to the person who pays the most money, and who knows what happens after that." he then leans back and crosses his legs "Most children are either picked off the streets or kidnapped, mostly the latter. Those who end up losing are put out again and again until they either win or are killed." she bites her thumbnail.

"..."

"I know that you're hesitant on working with us again after everything, but please think it over." she swallows thickly.

"I... may have an idea to get that invitation." he raised a brow "There's this, woman, who's been very persistent on getting an interview with Mystery~chan, but I always kept declining her requests." he then follows as she spins her finger in a circle "What would happen if Mystery~chan were to leak out something that manages to catch our ring leaders attention?" he smirks at that.

"What a grand idea, brat, a shame I didn't think of that." he then scoffs "Actually, that four eyes actually did, but what makes this reporter so interesting?" she runs a hand through her hair.

"I heard she's a woman who doesn't stop at anything until she gets the juicy news, and I'm afraid I might slip up and she'll figure out who Mystery~chan might actually be." she then runs a hand through her hair "And when I mean persistent, I mean bat shit crazy. However, she works for a very serious and well known company and most of her work does get recognized, so..." he hums, nodding his head.

"... if you say the right things like money and quirk fights while making yourself look like you're swimming in dough, the chances of you getting an invitation will be definite." he smirks "When's your next photoshoot?" she raised a hand and he watched as she slipped her hand into her pocket and pulled out her phone, dialing a number then putting it to her ear.

"..."

"Yeah, hey, it's me."

"..."

"I'm with a colleague and we were wondering when my next photoshoot is."

"..."

"Whenever I'm free?" she looked at him and saw him mouth out a date "Can we set one up for this Saturday around 12:00, 1:00 in the afternoon, if it's possible?"

"..."

"Great, okay." she lowers her phone before thinking and bringing it back up "And if I may add a request, I need an outfit that makes me look like what the public thinks I am. A beautiful, millionaire goddess."