Chapter 2

I walk into my dorm taking my books out. Skylar walks in with a box in her hand. She places it on the floor, staring up at me. I look at her confused as her eyes move from the box to me.

"What is that?" I ask.

"I bought a mini fridge!" She says happily. I just realized we had no way or form to cook, store, or heat food.

"Did you buy groceries?" She looks down at the floor and back at me.

"Oops...but I did buy a microwave." She says smiling again.

"Great where is-" A knock on the door cuts me off. Skylar gets up to get and in comes my biology partner, Harry. He walks towards the middle space, placing a box on the floor. Im guessing that's the microwave. He un loads the box, placing the microwave on the floor. He then goes towards the mini fridge, taking out the manual, his eyes scan over the words multiple times. He looks up at Skylar.

"Thanks for just standing there." He says sarcastically. Skylar takes a seat on the floor besides him. They both try figuring out a way to assemble the item before I step in.

"You put that piece in that one, turning the knob to the left twice." I tell them tucking a strand of hair behind my ears.

"How do you know that?" Skylar asks. I shrug, not knowing my self. They do what I say before putting the fridge in between Skylar and I's bed. Harry then takes the microwave, plugging it in and setting it on top of fridge.

"A toaster would be nice." Skylar suggest.

"This is not a kitchen." Harry says.

"Well we can make it one." She jokes. He rolls his eyes walking towards the door.

"You guys are a cute couple." I blurt out.

Skylar and Harry burst out laughing. A frown makes it's way to my face as I stare at them in confusion. After the laughing dies down Skylar speaks.

"Harry is not my boyfriend!" She says grinning. Harry rolls his eyes again before walking out the door.

"Im sorry, I thought you were." I tell her taking a seat on my bed. She shakes her head.

"We're just friends...and fuck buddies. Well we were fuck buddies." She says not caring that she just used profanities. I nod shifting uncomfortably.

"So tell me about your self." She says laying down on her belly, using her arms for support.

"What do you want to know?" I ask. She shrugs.

"Well I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY-"

"Why?" She cuts off.

"Why what?" I ask confused.

"Why did you move here?"

"Change of scenery." She nods before I continue. "I'm an only child. My favorite color is blue...and pink. And yeah, unless you ask I don't know what to say."

"When's your birthday?" She asks.

"May 16."

She smiles, "That's kinda near." I ask her when her birthday is and asked her to tell me about her self.

"Well my birthday is on November 12th. Turning 20."

"Oh im 19 too." I tell her, smiling thats she's my age. After Skylar tells me all about her self, she goes to buy grocery.

I pick up my phone when I hear it play the t-jingle.

"Hello?" I ask wondering who it is.

"Casey!" My nanna yells through the phone.

"Hi nanna, im sorry I didn't check the caller I.D"

"It's fine. How are you? How was the first day?" She askes, worry laced in her voice.

"Nanna im fine thank you. Classes were really good actually. My favorite class is biology." I tell her grinning.

"You always were a science kind of girl. You got that from your mother." She pauses. I hear her sigh at the other end of the line.

"I'll call you tomorrow dear." I say my good byes before hanging up. Getting up, I walk towards the bathroom to take a shower. I turn the knob to hot. I love how the hot water relaxes me. Especially now that's it's October. I scrub my self, letting the hot water un strain my muscles before getting out. With the towel wrapped tightly around my body, I look for some fresh pj's to wear. I take a look in the mirror while slipping on some yoga pants. Pausing after seeing the scar on my right hip. Sucking in a sharp breath before slipping on my over sized t-shirt. Letting my hair air dry, I go back to studying.

-

"Im back!" I hear Skylar call out as she makes her way in with a bunch of grocery bags. I stand up helping her by grabbing some bags from her. Skylar hands me the things she bought as I put them into the fridge.

"Water, soda, frozen pizza, ice cream, milk, and juice." She says handing me them all.

"Oh and I bought like, special K bars, cereal bars and cereal." I put those on top of the microwave.

"How are we going to eat cereal? We don't have bowls, plates or spoons.

"I bought that as well. Just place them with the rest." She says handing me the bag. I place them on top with the others before going back to my studies.