Shay's life

You know those bad feelings you get when something's bound to happen, well I get those more often that most people. My name is Shay and I'm immortal. I know that Mase will probably kill me if she knew I was writing this but, hey, I love to live on the edge. So, if you're reading this, you can be slightly trusted by me. Which that is a VERY small number of people and it's slowly shrinking by the day. But let's get past that, my true reason for writing this is so I don't forget my past. Unlike Mase and the rest of my adoptive family I live with (for now), I've met other immortals in my time. They've taught me many things and I haven't seen them in centuries. So to Tailo and Sophia, thanks, and I hope your both happy, so I can meet you all over again. Lunghi, felici in tensione e liberano.

            I don't know my real birth date but I know it was around the BC era. I was born in Rome, the daughter of a member of the senate. But, they left me behind cause they accused me of treachery and of being a spy for the Greeks, they were wrong. I wandered far from Rome to Egypt. Nine years before Cleopatra was born, I became one of her parent's servants. Two year before she was killed, I was turned into an immortal. The memory is still fuzzy, so I don't have many details about it. Maybe if I meet this person, I will remember. But anyways, I awoke in a house that looked abandoned, but just recently. The fire was still going, but ever so faintly. The embers had a faint glow. The cabinets looked torn apart, but the food wasn't moldy.

            I was almost going to ask Cleopatra to join me in my immortality, but I left before I could ask. (And this was before I knew about Haven.) A few weeks later, she was murdered and I was back in Rome. New identity, no family, and a big world to explore. Oh, I forgot to mention, my first name really wasn't Shay. It was Selena, but I changed back and forth when moved from country to country, decade after decade.

            I wandered around for a few years, trying to find someone like me, with no success. Until 600 A.D, when I met Tailo. Tailo was different, much different. We found each other in a Jerusalem market. I was taking on the identity of an assassin, a good one, while he was a merchant. My target just went into his shop, so I slowly followed them in. Just as I was pulling out my knife, Tailo comes up from behind whispered to me "are you sure? I mean if you have to, you can." "I have no choice, either kill him, or my boss starves me for 3 years," I say to him (my boss knew some how I was immortal).

            "People always have a choice; it's up to you to decide." I consider his words for a few moments, and then put my knife back in its holster. "Fine, for now I will listen to your words. But what would you have done if I did kill him?" "Hmm," he thinks "nothing. I couldn't have stopped you. But that one decision could ruin your life. Even if yours goes on forever." I gasp "How...?" he cuts me off.

            "Hehe, looks like we both have problems. Listen, come back a dusk. I'll explain how I know." I turn around to leave, "But wait! Don't go back to your boss. He's dead, killed by enemy assassins. It'll be best if you hang around in the market or out of town." He exclaims. "I can handle myself, thanks. I'll come back," he gives me a look, "I promise." I sprint off into the crowd, with his eyes staring at my back.

Chapter 2

            I run up to the roof tops, just to get away from the busy crowds. I learned the guard movements a while ago, I run past before they turn around. All they feel is a gust of wind. While running and jumping across the rooftops, I consider Tailo's offer. "Of course I won't go," I think to myself. "But then again, he did know a lot about me. And I can't leave open ends." I think of my boss, I was going to kill him in four weeks after I have earned enough money, but someone beat me to it. As I get to the "secret" (found it while I was not an assassin, and for a place to hide from the guards) entrance, I get a bad feeling. As if the killer was still inside, waiting for someone.