Thirty

Hey guys. I'm going to go ahead and post this even though I haven't looked over or edited it AT ALL. But I got in a car accident and murdered my car. I'm soooo mad. Don't worry, I wasn't injured. Traumatized, yes, but not physically injured. Anyway, here's the update. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------

We spent the remainder of our flight in relative silence. By silence, I mean mostly on Jacobi’s part. I, on the other hand, figured out how to turn on the television and promptly found the nearest sitcom. It happened to be New Girl. I’d never seen it before now and there was a nice marathon of the first season. Now, after figuring out how to rotate my armchair, I was moving back and forth and giggling maniacally at random parts of the program.

I knew I probably should have addressed the Corentine and Adelaide being mates thing more, but Jacobi had shut down physically after disclosing the information I hadn’t been privy to. I didn’t really want to spend the rest of my first flight in awkward, tense silence so there I was- pretending I was alone and enjoying my in-flight entertainment.

“You like comedies,” Jacobi’s voice interrupted a rather funny skit being played out on screen. I glanced at him cautiously. It was strange how he stated things that should probably hold more a question to it. I didn’t know whether he expected an answer or if he was just making an observation.

“I do,” I decided to answer anyway. “That was my life before you came along; sitcoms, oldies music, and poorly paid jobs. It was a wonderful life.” I sighed, missing my mundane existence. If I was home, I’d be in pajamas in my comfortable bed rather than this irritating get-up of dresses, pinned up hair-do, and heels.

“I don’t find these… shows entertaining,” He stated, as if I would care. I was deeply offended.

“What? How does someone not like comedies?” Jacobi only stared at me and for some reason I could easily imagine that he’d be the type of person to not find anything funny. I took it as a new type of challenge. “Knock knock.”

There was an awkward silence.

“I said, knock knock,” I narrowed my eyes carefully, not really wanting to make him mad at me once again but feeling like I could possibly get a smile from him if I told him very cheesy jokes.

“Who’s there?” When he finally answered, I felt nervous suddenly. It was similar to stage fright; I was being put on the spot. 

I swallowed anxiously, pushing away my timid nature to say, “Cows go.”

When I expected Jacobi to scoff and wave my stupidity away, he instead said, “Cows go who?”

“No, cows go moo!” I gave a strangled laugh, cutting it off when I noticed he didn’t react in any way. That’s what I got for trying to make a master vampire smile. “You know… moo… oh, it was funnier the first time I heard it…”

“Try again,” He abruptly demanded. I blinked, casting a long glance his direction. He was still seated on that couch only now his legs were spread across the length of the furniture and his eyes were staring up to the ceiling of the jet.

“I… well, okay,” I hesitated, trying to think of another joke. I really wasn’t the best at jokes. “Oh, here’s one. What do you call a cow with no legs?”

“Are all your jokes about cows?”

“Maybe… I like cows. Did you know they can smell things from like six miles away? And that you can lead them up stairs, but they can’t walk downstairs? I know, who cares about cows,” I decided my conversation skills were massively failing and that I should probably focus more on my television programs.