They continued watching as Brett Sr. mounted the bull and took hold of the rope. "Watch his hand. See how he acts almost as if that hand doesn't want to bend?"

"I remember that. He made a deal about his hand goin' to sleep... yeah, there he goes shaking it again." Beau added, amazed.

"It's interestin'," Nico mentioned, "dat lookin' at de otha men's reactions, they don't seem to sense anythin' is amiss or dey surely would have stopped de ride... wouldn't dey? I mean... I don't know anyting bout bull ridin' but..."

"You bet they would." Yancy stated emphatically. "The officials will stop a ride a second before the chute gate is opened if they think a rider isn't at the top of his game. Now... look here." They all leaned closer to the tv.

"See how he's got a handle on it and then... look at his face, look at his eyes." They watched as the gate flew open, and both bull and rider took off. "He's workin' the bull, steady in the seat, then he sorta shakes his head like, then just... blinks, and goes to sleep and bam! His hand goes limp and off he goes."

The men sat, stunned, at the enormity of what they had just seen. Brett and Beau, were watching their father's final moments. They had remembered that day their entire lives. The day that had helped to shape their own lives as they grew up into the men they were. They remembered the day as children... they saw the day now, as men.

The room was quiet, the clock in the corner cabinet that housed Brett Sr's buckles and trophies ticked loudly in the silence.

Brett sat holding his face in his hands. Beau sat breathing hard, eyes tightly closed. Rowdy sat one hand over his mouth trying hard to slow his breathing while Yancy wiped tears of pain, of pride, of anger and of the need for justice from his face.

They all watched as the rider seemed to go limp and slip off the bull. For a moment his hand remained caught in the rope, then a jerk from the bull, his hand slipped out and the man fell. The brutality with which, 'Widowmaker' attacked the unconscious cowboy was unparalleled. Bull fighters jumped in over and over again, but the bull returned again and again to his victim. He would not leave Brett Sr long enough for the other bull fighters and cowboys to get him to safety. When the bull had finally exited the arena, Brett Sr. was bloody and no longer breathing.

'My God...' Nico quietly stepped over and turned the tv off, then stood in front the screen. "I tink we can safely say dat dere is more dan enough reason to warrant exhuming Major. Blanton's body."

The four other men nodded as one. "I'll speak with Mrs. Kincaid if it would make it any easier for y'all." Nico offered, searching each face, feeling their pain and wishing he could ease it some way, any way.

The four men looked at each other, pale faced, Beau cleared his throat twice before trusting his voice. "No matter how it's done or who does it... it's gonna hurt. I... I think we need to get her alone without everyone else around though."

They all agreed. "What do you think Pop? How do you think would be the best way to tell her and ask permission to... to..." Beau asked.

Yancy felt a surge of pride and gratitude toward the three young men. "Well, yer right in that it's gonna hurt no matter who does it, but I think it might be more acceptable if Nico here does it. She still sees Brett as a son and a SEAL, not an FBI agent. I think we need to keep this totally professional."

After thinking about it, Brett, Beau and Rowdy saw the wisdom in what Yancy had said and appreciated, admired and respected him even more if possible.

Clearing his throat again, Beau stood, "Ok then, I'll go find her and just say we want to speak with her privately, and once she gets in here Nico can take over. Then the rest of us can just help if needed. Ok?"