Arrival

Okay, I'm going to admit now, this is mostly a filler chapter to get you guys to possibly a buttholish cliffhanger as well as just bring everything up to present (in this case about a week since school has started for all the first years).  I don't feel like it's very good because, well, as I said, it is kinda filler-ish to me, and I'm afraid if I OOCed people.  If so, please tell me, and help me fix it.  Also, for the intents of this story, Rakuzan and Seirin are not nearly as far away from each other as they are in real life.  Or Japan trains are just magic.  Take your pick.  Hopefully I'll delve deeper into Misaki's personality next chapter, because I feel like I've given you guys such a shallow look at it.  Nevertheless, I hope you find some way to enjoy this chapter (notice the low self confidence yet? :P)

*~*~*~*

Hospitals were terrible places.  The feeling of despair hung around every floor, even for those who weren’t dying.  Nobody wanted to be in a hospital.  Except maybe mothers or those being treated to get better.  But even then, there was fear associated with the very place.  Would the mother die giving birth?  Would a surgery fail?  Even things that should be joy had an underlining terror.

It was because of this Misaki hated the place.  She had only ever had bad experiences at hospitals.  Despite this, she found herself in one, glancing around in an attempt to find Room 227.  She had only arrived in town a couple hours before, and visiting hours would be ending soon.  If she didn’t find the room soon, there would be very little time until the next day.

“Aha,” Misaki murmured as she saw the right door ahead of her.  She walked in to find two teenage boys within the room.  The one who sat upon the hospital bed, his knee slightly propped up, was as familiar as the back of her hand.  Dark brown hair that had grown longer since she had last seen him.  Similarly dark eyes.  And those bushy eyebrows she used to always tease him about.  “Nii-san!”

There had been a conversation between him and the other inhabitant of the room, but as soon as Misaki spoke, it ended.  Teppei and the other boy he was with turned to face Misaki.  She was jogging forward before either fully saw her, throwing her arms around her brother.

Teppei blinked, hugging back.  “Misaki?”  He moved her until she was within full view, his eyes drinking in every detail.  “Misaki?” he repeated, completely off guard.

She grinned, taking a seat in the open space on his bed.  “Looks like I surprised you,” she teased.  Teppei grinned slightly before bringing her into another hug, this one firmer.  Misaki returned it.  Although the hug was at a slightly strange angle due to Teppei’s position, Misaki made sure to keep her arms around her brother as long as possible.  Tears began to build within Misaki’s eyes.  She had been trying to brace herself for the reunion, hoping not to cry as she had when the two had separated.  Obviously it had not worked.

“I thought you weren’t supposed to be back until tomorrow,” Teppei said, leading her back to her spot as their hug drew to an end. 

“I made sure to arrive here a bit early,” Misaki explained.  “I left my hotel early this morning to get here as early as possible.  I didn’t get here until an hour ago.  I stopped at Obaasan and Ojiisan’s, then I headed right over since I wouldn’t be able to tomorrow until after school.”

Before he could speak again, Teppei glanced to the side.  He laughed apologetically.  “Sorry, Junpei.  I guess you’re pretty confused.”