The man standing ahead of me had a sickening grin on his face. I wouldn't forget this person, never. Amused, he said, "I see that you still remember me." 

His hand shot out to grab my jaw and I winced when his fingers dug painfully into my cheek. The horror and surprise I previously felt were replaced with anger that boiled in me. Glaring at him, I was cursing at him through the gag but nothing comprehensible could be heard. A frown appeared in his expression and his palm contacted with my face with a blow that nearly tipped over the chair I was in. Yet, before I could fall, he placed his arms on both sides of the chair, swinging me back as his face hovered close to mine. In a mocking tone, he said, "I just want to see how long can you stay this conceited and feisty." 

His hand reached to the back of my head and removed the gag. I was about to spew out curses when his hand grabbed my face tightly and looking at me eye to eye, amusement and taunt flashed across when he mentioned, "You can scream all you want, but there's no one here that will save you." 

Infuriated, I hauled up spat on his face exhaling a dry laugh at the loser ahead of me. The man stumbled back to wipe the spit off his face and with all the anger that powered into strength, he swung a slap across my face again — harder and way more forceful this time. My skin burned from the sting and the chair tipped over, causing me to crash into the rough ground which the sharp edges scratched and pierced into my skin. I winced at the pain but felt no remorse for all that I had done. 

Spewing a slew at me, he swung his leg and kicked me in the abdomen. He kicked and stepped repeatedly, each blow was forceful without restraint as though I was nothing but a body pillow that he vent his anger on. I clenched hard on my lower lip to stifle my screams, biting so hard that I could taste my own blood. Enduring through the excruciating pain, the man only stopped when he was finally satisfied. 

His hand grabbed the chair and pulled it up while I was left with no more strength to resist so I unwillingly swung up together with the chair. That single haul had me realised that the imbecile ahead of me must've broken my ribs because my whole body ached and I heaved out a mouthful of blood when I coughed, staining my white dress in crimson. The man yanked my hair back and I let off a grimance of pain. Covering my mouth and facing me, our nose almost touched when he leaned close and his dark eyes burned with anger. 

"I already said that your fiestiness is getting on my nerves," he hissed, before tossing my head to the side as though it was trash.

I laughed, mocking the man in front of me for being such a coward. Leaning forward, I spat a mouthful of blood on his shining shoes and challenged, "If you're waiting for me to beg for your mercy, let me tell you this, I'd never." 

"We'll see," he sneered, amused by my display of angst.

The man snapped his finger and two men came into the room, carrying with them a table. He leaned against it lazily and reached into his pocket to take out a phone. When the volume switch was flicked on, the phone rang noisily and he held the phone right in front of me while I looked at the lit screen with Leon's name appearing against the incoming call interface. My body shot forward reflexively but my movements were limited by the chair that I was tied to. 

The man's voice oozed with sarcasm when he mentioned, "That caring boyfriend of yours had been calling non-stop since morning." 

No way. 

My heart nearly dropped from the ringing sound of my phone as I kept thinking of how Leon and I promised to meet today — of how I didn't appear as promised. I was sure he had to be panicking and he must be worried to be calling since morning. 

"I hope you enjoy what you see," he laughed sardonically, placing the phone out of my reach but within my sight. That was all he did before leaving the room with his men. The sound of the door clicking shut made me realise that I was going to look at this the entire time and I lost it. Tears fell from the corner of my eyes and I sobbed silently while looking at Leon's name appearing against the lit screen. Each missed call notification made me fell deeper into desperation. 

It was already two past midnight, and that was when my phone went dead silent. 

That night, I cried in silence, hoping that I could hold onto my sanity long enough till help arrived.

-

✿