𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 1

There was a girl. She was dancing carelessly, and-rather badly- to the music that drunkenly floated around Lous Tavern. She wore a cherry red leather jacket, with small gold stars on it. The leather was crinkled and creased but nevertheless shiny. Her blonde hair bobbed past her shoulders in waves. She was in a euphoric daze, drunk with happiness. Anyone would have thought she was drunk.

𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙧, 𝙏𝙮𝙡𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙄𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙥𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙚, 𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘.

The song stopped playing, and for once in the past 3 minutes, she let her arms down. Her worn out converse squeaked on the floor as she walked towards the bar, plopping herself down on a stool. Next to Tyler. He studied her for a few seconds, the small scar on her chin, her long, dark eyelashes and the tiny little mark on her forehead, the freckles speckled on her cheeks and the blush that rose in her face.

"Can I have an apple juice please?" She asked the bar tender. With nothing but an ignorant nod, he filled a glass with cold juice, and placed it on the bar. She took the glass, jumping a little at the coldness on her warm hands.

"Apple juice? Not what I'd recommend what you're absolutely shitfaced. You'll be throwing up for hours." Tyler said, loudly over the booming music.

"Good job I'm not shitfaced then."

"Bullshit. Walk in a straight line."

The girl hopped off her stool and proceeded to walk in a perfectly straight line effortlessly, flourishing her hands the end and flashing a smile. She took her seat again.

"Told ya."

Tyler was a little shocked, however happy. There was something about this girl that was sitting next to him, sipping her apple juice and humming a song to herself. He could almost feel the euphoria that radiated from her, the serene happinesses and comfortable feeling of being herself. He could tell that she was special. Tyler could always tell.

"What's your name then?" She asked, pausing the little sips she kept taking from her apple juice.

"Tyler Durden. What about you?"

"I'm Sarah Cooper. Sometimes I wish I was called something like 'star' or 'rose' but then I think, I wouldn't be me if I wasn't Sarah."

"Wise words. When I was younger, I liked the name 'Leon' because my favourite teddy was called 'Leon the Lion'. But I like Tyler. It suits better."

"You seem interesting." She said, moving the ice cube in her drink around with her tongue.

Tyler smiled to himself.

"If you keep that ice cube in between your teeth longer than me, then I'll buy your favourite food. Deal? What is your favourite food?"

"My favourite food is cheesecake. And I accept your offer. How could I miss the chance to get free cheesecake from a cool guy?" She smiled. She picked up the ice cube and placed in between her teeth. Tyler copied her. About 10 seconds went by. 20 seconds. Sarah winced at the cold. After 5 more seconds, she scrunched her face up and balled her fists. A couple seconds later, she let it drop back into her drink.