"Just a bit?" Alice asked. "More like a pint of it!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks, again, professor," I said as we arrived at the station.

McGonogal smiled. "No problem, dear. Have you got your potion?" She asked.

"Potion?" Marlene repeated.

"Got it," I answered, ignoring my friend. "See you Mond-"

"LILY!" My mother's voice screamed as she ran to come and hug me. "We missed you so, so, so, much, darling! You wouldn't believe it!

My face turned scarlet. "Mum, it's been like- two months!" I reminded her. "This is my best mate, Marlene. Marlene, this is Mum," I introduced them. "Dad and Tuney didn't come?"

Mum smiled sadly and took my bag. "They're waiting at home. Planning for the party and all. Now, come along girls."

"Warning, Mrs. Evans, I'm pureblood," Marlene said. "I've never been in a car before."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I HATE THAT I HATE THAT I NEVER WANT TO GO IN ONE EVER AGAIN!" Marlene screamed, leaping away from the car the second we reached my house. "How do you muggles do this stuff? That was the scariest experience in my life. I almost died."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Oh, please. You're like my father when I tried to put him on a broom. 'Why does it go up like that? Make it stop!'" I mocked.

Mum laughed and handed me my overnight bag. "Well, you know where your room it. Your father and Tuney should be back from the party store in a half hour," She said an unlocked the door.

Immediatly, my black lab boumnced outside and ran to me. "Sage!" I called and went to pet her. "We got her the year before I left for Hogwarts. I wanted to name her Demon Killer, but my mom wanted to stick with the plant theme with Tuney and I. I said Venus Fly Trap, but I was out-voted by pretty much the entire planet," I explained to Marlene, who was kneeling next to me to pet the dog.

"Is your Mum a gardener?" She asked.

"Pft, hell no!" I said, holding back a laugh. "She killed a cactus over the summer."

"Is everything named after a plant?"

I thought for a moment. "Well... our goldfish was named Daisy before Sage ate him. We once babysat a cat named Snowy. Snow isn't a plant and I think I had doll named Anne when I was little. Anne and her sister, Tulip, although I accidentally killed Tulip."

Marlene's eyes widened. "What- you know I don't want to know. Let's venture onwards! I have to see this bedroom of yours. I may or may not have promised a certain James Potter I'd tell him everything about it, including details." My smile turned into a scowl. "Kidding! I would never tell your crush about Anne, whom I'm certain is currently hiding underneath your bed."

"How'd you kno-"

"CALLED IT!" Marlene screamed, doing a little jig.

I scoffed and walked into my house, Marlene and Sage following me at my heals. Enter door, five steps, right three steps, twelve stairs, three steps door one, two steps door two, three steps door three, my room. Before I made muggle friends, I had alot of free time. "I do not like James Potter," I told Marlene, tossing my bag onto the yellow and green bed in the center of the room. My room was extremely cluttered, with sutff everywhere. Old potions homework, notes passed between Alice and I (we always passed notes when we were bored), my framed acceptance letter.