Rage And Craze

Namjoon has been looking for the new vampire for two nights now. The sun will be rising in two hours and he still hasn't gotten close. He's found the vampire's leftovers and taken care of most of them. The humans won't be finding the victims anymore but if Namjoon's numbers are right, the body count is over a hundred now. At least the vampire is slowing down. Without bodies though, Namjoon is having a hard time tracking the vampire's steps.

Vampires are the best predators in the world. They're also the hardest prey to track.

A vampire's scent is faint. Barely there at all. They don't have blood of their own and their body functions move extremely slowly even if they have been drinking properly. Namjoon would have to be right on top of the vampire to smell him. Instead, Namjoon has been trying to guess where the vampire would go next.

The vampire probably doesn't know how to use their speed yet, but they're moving quickly. They're most likely terrified of themself. Of course they're running. They're confused and starving and it's Namjoon's fault. He doesn't want to have to call Seokjin again and confess that he hasn't found the vampire.

Currently, Namjoon is stalking through the streets of the Buk-gu district. The vampire has been going north almost consistently. Namjoon isn't sure if it's because they're running away from their mess or running towards something. He hopes to find out soon enough.

The latest body he found was dumped in a pond with a few drops of blood still left. It's a good sign. It means the vampire is at least trying to cover their tracks and is coherent enough to try. Their hunger is also fading.

Namjoon knows what fledglings are like. When they awake, they're consumed with blinding hunger and unable to process anything besides the nearest blood source. They wouldn't care about feeding in front of a human as long as they got blood in their mouth. It's dangerous. Not just for humans, but for the supernatural community. A blood crazed, newly turned vampire could expose them all.

Namjoon keeps going, mouth slightly parted as he tries to taste blood in the air. All vampires can smell blood from three miles away, so he's got a better chance of smelling death than hearing someone scream.

Fledglings are supposed to have some kind of connections to their sires. At least that's what Namjoon's been told. He doesn't remember much from when was turned, but he does remember that feeding from Seokjin made him feel alive and human. A sire has the ability to calm their fledgling. Feeding from a sire will give even a blood crazed vampire some sanity. It's vital for fledglings. Their sire is the only thing that can ground them when they're lost in a void of hunger.

Namjoon's eyebrows furrow as he tries to concentrate. The largest population is the center of town to his east. The vampire's need to feed would've taken them there. Unless of course they've overcome their instincts and traveled somewhere less populated where the chances of being caught are slim. The vampire has been headed north all this time. Namjoon doesn't know if they would stop now. He continues north.

Namjoon's phone rings and he flinches. He checks the caller id before answering.

"I'm a little busy right now, Taehyung," Namjoon says. He's stopped running to answer the phone and he doesn't want to waste time.

"I know. Hyung called me. Listen, I'm in Japan right now and Jin-hyung told me not come to Korea until he called me again but I think it'd be a good idea if you had some help and-"

"I haven't found the vampire yet, Tae." Namjoon sighs to himself. "I plan to take them to Ilsan as soon as-"

"I'll meet you there."

"Taehyung wait-" Namjoon is interrupted by the call ending. Damn it. The youngest of them never listens. Well, previously the youngest. Namjoon knows Seokjin is going to give him an earful for this too. The vampires stay away from each other for a reason. It doesn't draw attention. This new vampire has already stirred up so much trouble that they don't need any more bodies dropping in the same country, even if it is on the opposite side of the nation. Namjoon sighs, puts his phone away, and keeps moving.

Home. Namjoon should've guessed the new vampire was going home. A childhood home holds so many memories that easy to cling to when you're suffering. Hell, isn't that why Namjoon's in Korea? The vampire has been watching an older couple prepare for their day for a while now. The sun is peeking over the horizon and their tea is almost gone, but the vampire hasn't moved.

Namjoon has watched him, curious as to why he's stopped feeding. The couple is obviously his parents. He's a spitting image of the man and holds the same soft features of the woman. Namjoon suspects the vampire won't stay for much longer. He can see the hunger growing in his eyes and the sun will force him inside.

Namjoon doesn't want the vampire to go to his parents. He'd kill them for sure. Namjoon figures he should spare him from that guilt when the rest of his immortal life will be soaked in blood. He finally moves from the shadows towards the vampire. He looks younger than Namjoon thought. Early twenties at the most.

The fledging suddenly snaps their head in Namjoon's direction. He can sense his sire even if he can't see him. Namjoon stays hidden. He doesn't want to frighten the fledgling away.  It takes a while for him to look away and settle down. Namjoon creeps out of the shadows.

"Hey kid."

The vampire is confused and startles by Namjoon's presence immensely. Namjoon knows the vampire is asking himself how he didn't hear Namjoon approach, and why he doesn't have a scent that makes the kid want to tear into his jugular. No doubt Namjoon's presence is also calming. The effect of a sire.

"You-" the kid begins. "I know you. You were at the bar."

Namjoon knows the vampire remembers his face from the night he turned him. Namjoon feeds on so many people he hardly remembers them for long. But the bar four nights ago... yes this kid is the one Namjoon had followed outside and tore into. It'd be hard for the kid to forget the face of someone who did that to him.

"Come with me," Namjoon says. He gestures his with head to the east. "The sun is coming up soon and I'm sure you have questions."

The vampire stands, but he looks back at his parents's home. Namjoon recognizes the expression on his face. Guilt. Longing.

"I'll feed you," Namjoon says. That's enough to get the kid's feet moving.