I cut him halfway through his sentence bitterly, "Friends, Blake? Friends? You think we could be friends after this?" I tried to hold my tears but it wasn't working. They ran down my cheeks, and I could not stop them. "What did I do, Blake? I never did anything that might upset you. You see? I'm trying to be the perfect girlfriend— your perfect girlfriend!" I shouted at him.  

Before he could reply, a female voice entered the fray.  

"Wanna know why he's breaking up with you, girly?" I turned my head towards the source of the sound. Charlotte, the school's queen bee, was watching us from the doorway. I didn't even hear her coming; my attention was too focused on Blake. I didn't know what her problem was, but it seemed like she was enjoying the sight of me, in despair.  

"Charlotte, I can manage this. I don't think I need your help," Blake snapped at her. I could sense the tension in Blake's voice.  

I wiped my tears away, "Back off, Charlotte! This is between Blake and I. If anything's going on, I want to hear it from him and not from a bitch like you!" I forced out in a commanding voice.  

Charlotte met Blake’s eyes. "Don't worry, baby. I will make things easier for her. I'll let her understand everything."

Did she just call my boyfriend (well, technically he is still my boyfriend as for the moment) baby? Are you freakin' serious?  

"Savannah..." She let out a sigh. "You're just too nice to notice how cold he is towards you. I mean, yes, he was sweet to you. But girl, it's 'was' which means it's in the past. You know what? He's just sweet to you because--"  

"Charlotte!" Blake barked at her. She paused for a while. My mind was now so messed up, and I remembered how Blake was acting few weeks ago. He was acting weird, and he was trying to keep distance. I loved Blake (or so I thought). He had been my crush since freshman year. I never thought he'd ask me out on a date, and ask me to be his girlfriend. But he did, five months ago. Blake was also my first boyfriend.  

"Charlotte, I can explain to her," Blake insisted. Why was he keeping Charlotte away from this? Maybe he was hiding something I should know. Blake didn’t look like he’s going to tell me about the problem pertinently. He might skip some points—or even lie. I knew Charlotte was a real bitch, but I needed her to speak now.  

"No, Blake. Let Charlotte spit it out!" I demanded in a brave voice, turning to Charlotte, "Speak now, Charlotte. Why?"  

"He had a bet going on with his friends about you. You know them, jerks, walking around thinking they'd have the last laugh on everyone." She smirked then continued, "This is what they bet on: Blake would ask you out to be his girlfriend and steal your first kiss. You should know the rest. He won the first part but lost out on the second."  

I looked at Blake with my jaw wide open. I remembered when we went to the cinema few weeks ago and I avoided his kiss. It was not that I didn't like it, but I wasn't ready. He should know how scary first times are.  

The fact that I was only being played by the guy I really liked hurt me so much. It hurt like hell! How could he do this? Almost all the emotions were there. I was happy that I already knew the truth and wouldn't look stupid anymore. Sad and depressed because I was hurt by the guy I thought was my destiny and angry for what he did to me. My world came crashing down and my heart collapsed into tiny pieces. I didn't know if I could handle this.

I took few steps towards Blake. His face displayed an apologetic look. Is that it? An apology? No way! An apology is not enough!   I was extremely angry, and that caused me to slap him. I slapped him with all my force of anger. That was a strong hit but not yet enough for everything. After that, I couldn’t handle the tears falling down on my cheeks anymore. I was so stupid, I was such a fool. I fell onto my knees, just cried like crazy. All those things we did, since five months ago, they were all fake. All those laughter, dates, flowers, chocolates, teddy bears, and gifts were nothing but a lie. It was all because of a bet.  

"Sav, let me clear this," Blake stood in front of me. I couldn't face him. If I saw him, all the memories will come back, and that would hurt me even more. "It's just that... Um, you're not my type of girl. Look, I did not expect that you would take that seriously. You know, a guy like me often think that usually, girls would just hang out with us, give us kisses or whatever but nothing that serious. I'm…" He paused. What's that? A "sorry" stuck in your tongue? "I didn’t mean to do that," he concluded quietly.

I decided to stand once more. Wiping the tears running down my cheeks, I lifted my head up and put on a confident face.  

"You're now free. Go now with Charlotte and with your friends. You won the bet, didn't you? Wow. Congratulations, Blake Smith, for putting on such a wonderful act for me and making me cry like an idiot a while ago. Let’s laugh and celebrate!” I rolled my eyes sarcastically. “You're all pathetic! I don't know why the heck I was—" I paused, and racked my mind for the right words. No. I won't say I love him. I still have my pride left. "Why I liked you.Why I almost fell for such a jerk. Get lost, Blake! Nice meeting you, but I'm now kicking you out of my life, asshole!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.  

Blake was looking down and I noticed him, shook his head a bit. He turned around, heading to Charlotte who was waiting at the doorway. I could see their shadows slipping away. I found myself sitting on the floor like a lost kid in a market. I was left with the echoes of their departing footsteps.