ashe gets headpats // hcs

(Pre-timeskip)

Professor Byleth was giving Ashe some extra help with the lance, as the student wanted to get a better understanding of the weapon.Ashe was showing the professor one of the lance routines he had been working on. This one in particular had some difficult moves thrown in.The professor was carefully scrutinizing every one of Ashe's movements very closely.His routine was flawless."Professor! How was that?" Ashe asks, face a little bit red from the hard work he'd just done.The professor had a proud smile gracing their lips. It was pretty out of character for the professor to show emotion on their face."Excellent work, Ashe," The professor said contentedly.All self control was out the door at this point. Byleth walked a few steps towards Ashe, and placed their hand on his head.Byleth gently ruffled Ashe's fluffy grey locks. His hair is really soft. Ashe's face immediately flushed in surprise and embarrassment.Ashe's eyes widened in surprise, as did Byleth's. They didn't realize that they had done this. Byleth whipped their hand back to their side in embarrassment.They both stood there really awkwardly. Both of their faces were red.Why'd I do that why'd I do that why'd I do that why'd I do that why'd I do that why'd I do th"Professor...?" Ashe said, breaking the heavy silence."I'm sorry-," Byleth started, but is cut off."Can...can you do that again?" Ashe's eyes were jammed shut, completely tense.The tense boy immediately relaxes when he felt the soft hand of the professor on his head again.Ashe is practically melting into Byleth's hand. His head raises into their hand, moving against it slightly.Byleth wouldn't have been surprised if Ashe started purring at this point. He looked so happy getting his head pet.The look on Ashe's face was that of pure joy. His cheeks were lightly dusted with a blush and his eyes were closed, just enjoying the feeling.Byleth retracted their hand again. "Ahem," they started "we should probably get back to work.""Y-yes, of course." Ashe picks up the lance again and resumes to hit the target as though nothing happened.Ashe and the professor don't speak of the headpats to anyone else. It's just a little thing between the two of them.If Ashe is particularly daring, he'll ask to hold hands with the professor if he does really well with his training.