"You enjoy that. And will do, princess. See ya."

With that, Damon hung up and after putting away all her books and taking out what she needed, Andy shut her locker only to almost bump into someone's chest as she turned around. "Jesus! Don't do that!" She had barely stopped from touching the stranger, her hand pressed to her chest to ease her racing heart as she looked up at him. He was taller than her 5"4' frame, dark skin with a shaved head, goatee, and dark eyes that looked at her apologetically.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I'm Luka." Luka offered his hand for a shake, but Andy merely peered up at him through her dark lashes calculatingly and Luka slowly let his hand fall. "I'm Andy. And I'm now late, so I'm sorry, but if you'll excuse me."

Andy brushed past him, being sure not to touch him as she hurried to class. The new kid was a witch, Andromeda could sense it. The fact that he was trying to touch her, she knew that he was trying to get a read and Andy was not having it. With everything that's going on, she doesn't need anyone else knowing of her existence.

She got to class, and looked around in confusion at not seeing Caroline before her phone buzzed with a text.

Helping Elena. Running late, but if you see Stefan tell him Elena is sick, and went home early. -Care

Andromeda rolled her eyes, responded with a quick 'sounds good', and continued with her day.

Caroline got to school before lunch, and the two girls were currently walking outside as Caroline filled Andy in on what was going on. "She wants me to distract Stefan. Me! I suck at duplicity, and she knows it."

"Well Care, you make up for it in other ways." Andy said noncommittally, and Caroline rolled her eyes at her best friend. "She's mad at me you know."

"Whatever, for?"

"She confronted me about my knowledge of you being an elemental." Andromeda looked at the blonde now in interest, and raised a brow. "You told her you knew."

"Well, duh. You're my best friend, she's dumb if she thought I wouldn't know that." Caroline stated, and Andy let out a short laugh.

"I take it, she didn't like that very much."

"Yeah! She accused me of lying to her, and yet, I don't recall Elena ever asking." The vampire shook her head in frustration, and Andy just offered her a sad smile. "I'm sorry. I did warn you in case it got out..."

"Don't be. You are my friend too, and Elena does not need to be told everything. What you are puts you in just as much danger." Caroline reassured her with a smile, before catching sight of Stefan across the lot. "I've gotta go. But call me later, okay?"

With an assurance that she would, Caroline jogged towards Stefan, and Andy shook her head as she watched. Those two would be so adorable together, and they didn't even know it.

Andy got another call from Damon, someone blew up the coffee shop in Richmond where Rose said they could find more information and she was freaking out. The Slater guy, bailed, and Damon was frustrated. Andy had a bad feeling about the whole thing, and warned him to be careful as she made her way to pick up Regulus from school.

Rose thought it had been an action of Klaus, but Andromeda wasn't so sure. Her thoughts turned to Elijah, but she didn't voice them. Something told her that he wasn't dead, Andy wasn't sure how, but everything had seem just too easy. She glimpsed the wrath that stirred beneath the Original's skin, caught sight of the flames behind his dark eyes that threatened to erupt into an inferno with one calculating gaze.

That had not been the last she would see of Elijah, and she didn't want it to be.

Andy parked her white 2009 Nissan Murano in front of Reggie's school, and hopped out just as she saw his class being led outside. "Andy!"

"Hey, little king." She bent down to catch the toddler in a hug, and pressed a firm kiss to his forehead. "How was school?" Regulus began to tell her all about his day as Andy removed his Batman backpack, and quickly strapped him into his blue car seat. "Andy, can we get a dog?"

"A dog? And who's going to take care of, said dog?" Andy raised an eyebrow as she climbed into the driver's side and began to pull away from the curb. "I will!"

"You mean, I will. Reggie, athair got you Mr. Snappers and I was the only one who cleaned his tank."

"But, turtles are so boring. A puppy would be way more fun, Andy!" Regulus whined from the back seat, his cupid's bow lips forming a pout and Andromeda shook her head. "They're also a lot more responsibility, fear beag."

"Please, mama. Mas e do thoil e."

"I'll think about it."

Once home, Andy assisted Reggie with his homework from school, before instructing him to practice with his violin. He played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Auld Lang Syne while Andromeda played piano alongside him and gave instructions. (Play attachment.)

"Foirfe! Very good!" Andromeda smiled at him from over the piano, and Regulus grinned back at her, green eyes shining from excitement and praise. The siblings both held an adoration for music, for Reggie, he grew up to the sounds echoing throughout their home as Andy was always singing to him or playing instruments.

For Andy, it was the one thing that always reminded her of their mother.

After playing for another hour, Andy allowed Reggie to play upstairs for a while, whilst she started dinner. Unbeknownst to her, someone was watching this exchange very closely.

It was not hard for Elijah to find where she lived. Luka asked around for him, and kept an eye on her in school. The warlock did not yet know what she was, and Elijah felt no need to clarify. He watched as she had sat at the piano, with all the poise of a queen. Her curls tumbled down her back, eyes were the softest that he has ever seen as he watched her watch the child practicing violin. Love seemed to permeate from her, and Elijah took in the close resemblance between the two. Siblings, perhaps. Yet, Andromeda seemed to have all the charms that only a mother could.

This was a side to her that he had not been expecting, as he listened to the childish laughter that filled the home and the soft lilts of her voice as she hummed a song whilst she moved around the kitchen. It stirred something inside of him, a part that Elijah thought had long since died.

A yearning, that's what it was. A yearning for a family of his own, a home filled with light and laughter, not darkness and mistrust. For just a split second, as he watched the child run down the steps through the glass and throw himself into the welcoming arms that were hers, he pictured that he could have this with her. He pictured himself standing behind her, arms wrapped around her waist, face buried into her hair, and that wide smile focused on him just as it was now focused on the little boy.

Andromeda looked up, and her cerulean eyes locked with his dark ones through the window.

She blinked, and just when she made a motion as if to venture outside, he was gone.

******************************

athair- father

fear beag- little one

Mas e do thoil e- please

foirfe- perfect

Have a good weekend everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving!