Chapter 13: Freddie... Mercury?

Well, I had a baby. Often the father of the baby born out of wedlock would suspect the baby not being his, but thankfully I was certain he wasn’t. I wondered from the beginning when the farce would be over with but this isn’t something I can easily deny once The Sun had confirmed, because…you know, they only write truthful things. Probably until he’s older, starts looking even more like his dad – real dad – and finds out about all this crap on the internet. Look, they go online early nowadays. But hopefully it won’t stretch that long and it will be done with until he’s a few years old.

Simon really thought this to be the strongest evidence Harry and I were not together. However, I know for fact there are fans who have at times believed more in our relationship than we did. This wouldn’t prove them wrong. Indeed, it didn’t, but mostly because of all the times we fucked up and blew the cover, intentionally or not.

After all the interviews about our first album without Zayn and me dodging questions about paternity, I found time to go meet the lad. One Direction went on a hiatus soon after and I had more time to spend with my real family in private and Johnny in public. The original idea was to name the baby Johnny, like Briana’s family named him officially. We eventually decided to go with Freddie Reign for one of the rainbow bears Harry and I staged on tour. It was actually suggested by the fans. They started suspecting we were hinting at the baby’s name by dressing the bear in Freddie Mercury inspired outfits. It wasn’t out intention but I liked it. Off the internet, the little guy was still known as Johnny.

“We made him, can you believe it,” I joked with Briana.

“Is this supposed to be your first dad joke,” she responded jokingly as well. She was under as much pressure as me. Some fans liked the idea of me as a father but no one liked her being the mother of the child. Maybe not knowing anything about her was even more frightening. I didn’t before we were introduced in an office. Like Eleanor when we first met, I didn’t mind the girl but the role she played in my fake public life.

“What does Harry think about this? I’m so sorry they’re putting you through so much,” Briana’s mom asked.

“But you’re still making loads of money from it, aren’t you?”

I regretted talking to Briana’s family in this way but it was always on my mind that it’s not in their true interest to protect our relationship but to profit from their child. I’m not saying they don’t love Johnny and that he was born solely for publicity. I was being insensitive, especially because she’d just recently given birth. I apologized and knew she understood my frustrations. Still, I didn’t give her an answer. Obviously – and I think I’ve overused this word in a wrong manner – Harry wasn’t happy about it either. But if it had to be one of us, it was always going to be me. I told them from the beginning that I want it to be me who went through shit for our happiness. It was hard enough on Harry that he apparently dated every woman he ever had a photo proof of meeting. I fell in love with a beautiful man. I learned to share him with the world.

Nevertheless, after One Direction went on hiatus, Harry and I did too. We drifted apart for the sole reason of getting used to giving each other space. In the band, we never had that. We were even happy never being able to be apart. If we never got together, it wouldn’t be any different. There’s always something. If we’re not touring, we’re doing some promotional stuff or recording. We didn’t know how it would turn out. If one of us was going to look at other people with the same smiley eyes and catch feelings. If I was enough for him and if he wasn’t in fact the only right person for me. Time told us.
------------------------------------------------------
Since Louis released Walls I just can't come up with the scenarios to even try to deny Larry. That's why this chapter took so long to write. Still, I wrote it in one short sitting. Which is why it's not impressive or impressively long. This is one of very few chapters that won't be titled one of their songs, band or solo. For a reason I started to believe recently. I really think Harry or Louis are behind freddieismyqueen. Maybe not editing but they have something to do with it. Because of Freddie's full name mainly and because they share monetization. I hope you know what I mean when I mention Freddie's name.
Babygate is too complicated, I read a lot about it but I can't mention details other than Briana's mom gave birth to the child and well... Larry is real, just in hiding. Honestly, especially since both of their albums came out, they're not even trying that hard. In case I forget to mention it at some point and if this fic finishes before they come out, there's a theory that around 1D anniversary they'll start interacting after Louis breaks up with Eleanor and try to sell us a story that they have just fallen in love because Harry was his emotional support through the breakup. I'll be so disappointed if they try to disregard 10 years of love we know about.

Q: I know it's extremely difficult to choose, but which of Louis' explanations of any Walls song is the loudest bullshit?