12~ listen before i go p.t. 1

Start from the beginning

I hear bowls and condiments moving in the fridge with a gentle close to the fridge door. I look back up in the direction of the kitchen. Billie pops her head up, staring back at me with embarrassment in her eyes.

"Sorry I'm a little hazy, where did you say the food was?" She runs her fingers through her hair with a sigh. I lightly smile and point towards the counter behind her.

"Oh, I didn't tell you but it's on the counter, I thought it was easy to find." She turns back around and notices the bowl with a cover on it. I remember putting a sticky note on it with her name and a few drawings the kids decorated it with.

"Like I said, I was a bit hazy, Naomi!" Billie giggles and begins to throws an apple at me that was in the fruit basket next to her. I barely catch it and make a scrunched face at her.

"Also I like the note." Max stands up and straightens his back with a finger in the air.

"I was the one to make most of the cool drawings, Ruby just sat there and made a lot of hearts." He imitates an ugly face before he laughs.

"I can tell, Max. With all the trucks," Billie smiles and glances at Max's grinning face. Ruby pouts and throws her leg over my lap. Billie notices her behavior and winks at me again.

"No, but I love Ruby's hearts too. I can feel all the love." She looks back at the sticky note and makes kissy faces. Ruby smiles into my side and that's when I knew Billie changed her mood. She had that effect. Not just on kids but even on me too. If I wasn't feeling great that day, Billie knew just what to say to make me feel better. 100% all of the time. It's like magic. I don't know how she does it, but she probably won't ever tell me.

"Did anything interesting happen today, Bil?" She turns back around with her bowl of food and starts eating away with her attention on me. Her face turns from happiness to pure confusion.

"Well not really, it's been kind of normal, but you do know what day it is right?" I roll my eyes as a smile curves on my lips. I bring the kids to the floor so they could play with their toys instead of me.

"Oh no! I don't! It's a completely normal day! I totally didn't forget anything special! Just babysitting some kids!" Billie catches on to my sarcasm after a few seconds.

"Stop fucking with me, Nini! I know you didn't forget." Billie repeatedly giggles while washing the remaining dishes in the sink. She finishes the task and walks back over to me by the couch.

"Well, that was kind of a dumb question, Billie!" I pull her in my arms and watch the kids play in front of us. I look back at the watch on my wrist. It's almost time to drop the kids off back home. I mentally sigh realizing how long the day has felt. It's only 6 pm but it felt like I had just gone through 7 hours of work, 1 hour at the gym, and half an hour goofing off with Billie. My regular day-to-day things.

"I'm assuming we're doing something later?" She looks up at me from my shoulder with a grin. I give her a small smile and a nod of my head.

"Yeah. We can do whatever you want, I just have a little something else in mind too." Her eyes sparkle at my suspicious remark. Billie climbs in my lap with her head in my neck.

"Thank you. I can't wait to spend the day with you." She starts placing small kisses around my neck and finds my sweet spot. I close my eyes in a small amount of pleasure. I quickly remember the kids in the room and push off Billie in less than a second.

"The kids, Billie." I widen my eyes and glance at the children that I assumed were still in the room. I find them in the corner of the living room covering their eyes. They start having a fit of laughter as Billie and I join in. We all start playing dolls for the next ten minutes.