I shifted slightly, rolling a chair to sit in. "Yes, well. I only learned recently. Apparently... during Starfleet's investigations into the incident that occurred they discovered the body of a Vulcan woman. They ran DNA tests so as to inform the family... when my name popped up. Apparently they went back and looked into where she was located and determined it to be... the spot that Kirk saved me. She was my mother, making me half Vulcan."

I explained, leaning back into the seat slightly. "I see. That would explain certain... characteristics you seem to have." I gave a small nod. "(Y/n)... there is another matter I wish to discuss with you. I was curious as to whether you-" His words were cut short as Uhura called for him to get to the bridge.

We shared a glance before I shook my head. "We can discuss it later, Commander. For now, you should head to the bridge. Sounds like the ship needs its first officer." It was a few hours before Kirk came by and asked that I go with them to the lunch. I followed as instructed. Seeing all of the different races in one room was interesting enough.

McCoy was busy making small talk, I just held a glass in my hand. Trying not to pay too much attention to what was happening around me. "Mr. Ambassador, I understand you had retired before this conference was called. Forgive my curiosity, but, as a doctor, I'm interested in Vulcan physiology. Isn't it unusual for a Vulcan to retire at your age? Afterall, you're only one hundred and two."

The ambassador corrected him. "102.437, precisely, doctor, measured in your years." There was a bit of a pause. "I... had other concerns." That was a bit on the nose. Kirk took the time to lead him away, I pressed my fingers to the bridge of my nose. I hadn't been getting enough sleep lately, and this was not helping the headache I was starting to develop. The argument occuring about votes and such.

I decided I needed to dismiss myself from the room. "If you will excuse me, Commander, Doctor, I will be taking my leave. I have... a personal matter to attend to. If you have need of me I will be in my quarters." With that said I walked out of the room. Leaning against the wall, I placed my head in my hands. Taking a bit of a breath I started my way back to my quarters. I left the lights off, as I sunk into the chair at my desk.

My head pounding with each breath I took, with each creak of the bulkhead. I let my thumbs run circles around my temples, trying to ease the pain slightly. I was determined to not go to my lab for a test run of one of the new medications I had been working on. Mostly for Spock, so we had medications that better suited his Vulcan physiology. The stresses of what happened weeks ago were finally starting to catch up.

No matter how I refused to admit my own defeat I knew that even I couldn't endure much more of this. "Uhura to (Y/n)." I glanced at the communication system on my desk. It was loud so I turned the volume down.

Pressing the button I answered. "(Y/n) here, what's needed of me?"

There was a momentary pause. "The captain asks that you come to the bridge and assist Spock in analyzing some sensor readings."

I gave a slight hum. "Acknowledged." Clicking the button again, I left the room. I walked down the halls, the lights stung my eyes but Kirk needed my help with these sensor readings. We spent the next hour looking over the data and making theories, but none of them seemed plausible. It wasn't long before Kirk and Spock had to leave, something happened below deck and there was a body.

When they came back, I had my head in my hands with my eyes closed. Someone's hand touched my shoulder, I flinched and turned to see who it was. "(Y/n), are you feeling alright?" I gave a nod and turned my attention back to the readings.

Clearing my throat I spoke. "There are readings of Tri-titanium from the ships hull, it also seems to have a high density level. Either that or is cloaked against sensor probes. It is manned, but sensors cannot make out any specifics." Spock nodded, patting my shoulder before moving off to look through his screens.