However, you didn't need to show your true form to the villagers of Carne for them to know that you were leagues above their reach.

What made this man so different from all the others?

Why had he not cowered nor revered you yet?

So many questions, but with not a single answer.

Even if your next battle may not satisfy you in the least, perhaps decoding the mystery that is Gazef Stronoff might give some semblance of satisfaction.

Besides, you're sure that the Re-Estize kingdom wouldn't mind if you were to take the knight captain.

What you wanted you would take without any hesitation.

And right now?

You wanted this man.

"Believe me, Sir Stronoff. It is my pleasure~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were times when you could be as patient and merciful as the Virgin Mary herself, but more often than not you were as ruthless and unforgiving as the devil himself.

But then again wasn't your name just an allusion to the Prince of Darkness?

The moment you stepped foot on the battlefield you might as well have been the God of Death himself.

"W-What is this...?"

"I...I can't breathe!!!"

"We're all gonna DIE"

You were torn between bemusement and dissatisfaction as they fell on their knees before you. On one hand they were at their proper place, groveling at your feet but on the other hand you still hadn't gotten a single satisfactory fight and it was starting to get on your nerves.

And to think that you'd only just activated your passive skill [Apex Predator] so as to...properly prepare them to face you.

With the will to stand up and fight seemingly having left most of them, one of the mages clasped his hands together and started to pray fervently "O six gods whom reside in paradise..."

And yet none of their gods would heed their prayers.

Not a single one of their all-powerful deities could even place a scratch upon your scales.

Their commander however seemed to be made of stronger material as he tried in vain to issue orders despite his inability to get up off the ground. "What are you whelps doing?! Destroy them! In the name of the Six Gods we must fulfill our mission!!!" Nigun was practically frothing at the mouth at this point.

"Oh dear, we've only just arrived and the enemy's morale has already plummeted?" You acted surprised for the sake of appearances in front of Gazef and his subordinates. Now was not the time for them to see your true colors after all. "It seems like my help wasn't needed in the first place, Sir Stronoff. Why, I daresay that your mere presence as an astounding warrior is simply too much for them"

Although bewildered at the turn of events, the brunette chuckled heartily, something which you felt easily as you sat upon his horse in front of him, his arms caging your more petite build.

"You give me too much credit, Lady Gown. I believe that it is your dazzling radiance that put these men to their knees"

And for good reason too.

The Head Warrior wasn't really someone who focused too much looks whether it be others looks or his own. However, he'd be the biggest village idiot in the realm if he didn't acknowledge the fact that you were an otherworldly beauty. One that has not been seen since...he didn't know how long.