Being worthy and getting advice

Start from the beginning

Loki looked on with a knowing smile as the others gaped. Tony was the first to recover, a broad grin splitting his face and pride swelling within his chest.

"My kid's worthy! Ha! Do you see that, guys? My kid is worthy."

Peter looked confused. "Uh... what's that supposed to mean?"

"Of course. Of course, you have no idea." Clint ran a hand through his hair, ginning. "You're just too pure, kiddo."

"Huh?"

Thor knelt before Peter - who was even more confused now - and firmly grasped his shoulders. "Man of spiders and son of Stark." He said, unusually serious, "from the very first time we fought together, I knew you were a powerful and noble warrior. Someone with a strong mind and a strong heart." He placed a large hand on Peter's chest. "So, it comes as no surprise to me that you would be worthy."

"Wow. Um... thanks, uncle Thor." He smiled shyly, not knowing what to say. "That's-that's really nice. Thank you."

"You are worthy" Without any warning, he hoisted the small teen onto his shoulders with a cry of joy and triumph. Peter squeaked indignantly as Thor took him for a ride. Jumping and twirling, all while shouting, "the man of spiders is worthy! You are worthy of the throne of Asgard!"

Soon everyone had joined in. Laughing and cheering for their youngest teammate and family member.

"Did you guys see that storm?" Steve asked, padding over to the group, his clothes dripping as he attempted to dry his hair with a dish towel he grabbed off the counter. "I was jogging then all of a sudden this thunderstorm just came out of nowhere and-"He looked up from his soaked joggers and saw Thor, mid-step with a giggling Peter on his shoulders. His teammates were cackling happily. "Uh... what did I miss?"

"I'm worthy!" Peter cheered, holding the hammer high above his head.

"Of course you are." Steve couldn't help but smile. That kid always lifted his spirits.

******

"Hey, dad?"

Tony's chest warmed instantly at the word, dad. Hearing Peter call him that filled him with such love and warmth that he couldn't begin to describe or express with mere words. He knew he'd never get tired of hearing it.

"What's up, kiddo?" He tossed his wrench down and set his new project aside, diverting all attention to his kid. "You okay?"

Peter was standing back at the entrance to Tony's personal lab. Usually, he'd just walk in - already knowing the code - and would settle into an individual project he was working on, something for SI, or assist Tony with whatever he happened to be tinkering on.

But right now, he was hovering awkwardly, shifting from foot to foot as he fiddled with his sleeves. Clearly, something was bothering him, which set off Tony's paternal instincts.

"Did something happen? Are you hurt?" The mechanic left his chair spinning in his haste to get to Peter. But before he could fully go into 'protective irondad mode' - as Clint had dubbed it - Peter stopped him.

"I'm fine, dad." He playfully shoved his dad's hands away before any poking or prodding could take place. "I just..." He bit his lip, his cheeks turning red. "I uh... I need some advice."

"Oh. Well, you've come to the right guy." Tony clapped his hands together. "What can I help ya with? An annoying investor for Stark Industries, Sam and frosty two-point O being idiots, some new science at school?"

"Uh it's actually... I need help with-with um... girls."

"Oh." Tony grinned. "Finally ready to admit your feelings for that scary MJ character?"