Elena shakes her head, "No. I don't want to leave Jeremy. He refuses to leave his room."

"I can go and check for you. I'll do it right now. Set the table for me while I'm gone?"

Elena nods, taking the plates from Caroline. "Sure thing Care."

Caroline smiles softly at Elena before rushing out the door. Once in her car, Caroline almost goes over the speed limit to get to the Salvatore boarding house.

As soon as she arrives Caroline knocks on the door, cautious of what she might see if she were to just walk in. A few minutes later Stefan answers the door.

"Oh, Caroline. I didn't expect to see you today. What can I do for you?"

Caroline crosses her arms, "What you can do is stop this radio silence! Where have you been these last three days? Elena needs you! Her cousin died three days ago!"

Stefan sighs with a guilty expression on his face. "I'm sorry Caroline. I've been here trying to make sure Damon doesn't do anything stupid. Alexandria and Damon were friends. He's taking her death really hard."

Caroline sighs, her anger being replaced with guilt and sympathy. "Sorry for snapping at you Stefan. Perhaps you and Damon can come over to Elena's for dinner? I made a meatloaf."

"I don't know Care. I can't guarantee that Damon won't do something reckless."

"Oh well, I'll let Elena know. Take care, Stefan." Carlone responds, patting Stefan's shoulder.

"Thanks, Care, see you later."

Caroline sighs as Stefan shuts the door before turning back to her car.

****
Stefan shuts the door with a soft sigh before returning to the living room. Damon sits on the couch with a bottle of bourbon in his hand as he stares into the fireplace. As Stefan takes a seat next to him Damon takes another sip of his bourbon.

 As Stefan takes a seat next to him Damon takes another sip of his bourbon

Neither of them try to speak. They continue to sit in silence as they have been doing for the last three days.

****

Meanwhile, at the Mikaelson manner, preparations are being made. Kol sits by Alexandria's bed, as he had been for the last three days since her death. He refused to move, staying as still as a statue.

"You have to eat something Kol," Rebekah tells him, standing in the open doorway.

Kol, as per usual, ignores her. Rebekah sighs sadly before turning and walking away.