chapter 1

Zak and his crew were currently surrounded by golden bone and his skeleton army. 

(Sarah pov)

I swung my sword, knocking off the skeleton heads, "better go catch it", I yelled, joining my brother and his crew in the fight."It's just like old times, except you're fighting instead of hiding," I said, swinging at another skeleton.Zak smirked and froze one of the skeletons. 

"I'm a captain now," he said, smiling. I was kicked, causing me to fall, but I quickly flipped back up."I don't fall that easily like I use to," I said, swinging my sword and knocking three skeletons to the ground.I yelled, "I'll lead them away. 

See you back at the chaos.""Got it. Be careful, sis," Zak yelled. As I got the skeleton's attention, I yelled, "Hey, boneheads! I bet you can't catch me," as they ran after me.I needed to catch my breath, so I ducked into an alley.

 "Those fools are so easy to fool," I muttered as I leaned against the wall. I peeked around the corner to see if they were still chasing me, but it was too late. They had already caught up to me and pushed me against the wall. 

"You thought we wouldn't find you," Golden Bones snarled with anger in his eyes."I thought you would run around like mice a little longer," I said with a smirk.As I hit the ground, two skeletons grabbed hold of me. 

"Looks like you're all alone now," taunted one of them, with golden bones glinting in the dim light. But just as I thought it was over, I heard a voice. Suddenly, flames erupted, causing the skeletons to release me. 

I quickly scrambled to my feet and grabbed my fallen sword, ready for whatever came next.After Golden Bone's defeat, he left with a grunt of frustration. 

A young woman with black hair approached me and kindly offered her hand to help me up. I gratefully accepted and brushed the dust off my clothes before asking her name.

 "I'm Sakurai Blackhawk," she replied.