Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

Unbeknownst to you, Shigaraki had turned to listen to you and was currently watching the two of you converse. He too, was curious to hear your answer. Not many had met with the famed mafia boss and lived. Overhaul had quite the reputation, but if he played his cards correctly, the bird inspired man would be quite the valuable asset. If you already knew him, then perhaps you would be of more value than he initially thought as well.

He knew that his master thought you were important to his goals, but he wouldn't tell him why. It irked him, and in turn made his hatred turn towards you. All for One was keeping secrets again, and you were a bit of an enigma yourself. Kurogiri had tried to find stuff on you, only for nothing to come up. You had no legal documents. In fact, the only mentions of your existence at all had been a transcript written by a reporter about your being hired at UA and the various reports of your kidnapping.

It was as if you didn't exist at all outside of that. It bugged him. There was something going on that his master wouldn't tell him. There were missing pieces to the puzzle. And just like in his games, he wanted to complete his quests in order to find out what they were.

"Yeah," you answered a moment later. "I work for him."

"What?" Himiko and Tomura asked at the same time. They were both staring at you, equally shocked. You didn't really blame them.

You gave a nonchalant shrug- as if you hadn't just dropped an absolute bombshell of information on them. "I look after his kid. Speaking of which, we need to get her out of there. That place isn't good for her."

"I'm not babysitting some brat," Tomura muttered. His voice grew louder as he addressed you. "And you. Why didn't you tell us that you worked for the yakuza?"

You shrugged again, unphased. You'd been like that for a while now, it seemed- completely unbothered by the things going on around you. It had started after Nighteye's death, but it was getting worse as the days went by and got more and more hectic. "You never asked. I didn't think it was that important."

"It is," the white-haired man grumbled. He nodded like he had just learned a vital piece of information. "This is good. You can tell us his weaknesses in case he's planning an attack."

"He's not," you said, knowing that the only reason he murdered Mags in the manga was because she attacked first. "But you all need to make sure not to attack him. He's got a crazy powerful quirk. It's enough to wipe you out before you can even get close to him. Not to mention the Eight Bullets. They're all forces to be reckoned with."

"What about his brat? Is she a weakness?"

That was a tough question to answer. You knew that Overhaul didn't actually care about Eri. He just cared about what she could do for him. It was the reason why he had no qualms against hurting her. It was the reason why you were determined to help her escape from him. "Yes and no. She's vital to his plans, but he doesn't really care about her all that much."

Why were you even telling him all of this? You thought to yourself. Last you checked; you didn't involve yourself in the League's plans. You didn't even like Shigaraki, for fuck's sake. Why were you giving him information on your other boss? You supposed it was because you didn't really like him either. Honestly, you were terrified of Overhaul after witnessing up close what he could do to a person. At least Shigaraki hadn't murdered a man in front of you.

He nodded some more and then narrowed his eyes at you. "You... you're the one who wants to take down the hero commission, aren't you?"

You told him that you were in fact that person.

"Why?"

"I'm from another universe and Nighteye was murdered by them for trying to get me a way back home," you shrugged.

There was no use in hiding it. Shigaraki would find out eventually from All for One either way. Part of you was sure that he already knew, anyways. (He didn't). "I want them to pay for what they did to him. I want them to pay for what they're doing to kids, too. The commission takes kids with strong quirks from their families and trains them to be heroes, effectively brainwashing them until the kid doesn't think they have any other future waiting for them. It disgusts me, honestly."

"You're from another universe?" Asked Spinner, wide eyed. Ah, yes. You had forgotten that you and Shigaraki weren't the only ones in the room. Everyone was giving you some sort of weird look- even Dabi, who had stopped eating his chips to glance over in your direction.

"I am," you said, crossing your arms across your chest. "It's the reason why I'm quirkless. Quirks never existed in the first place in my world. In fact, this world is completely fictional in my own."

Now that you were finally talking about this with someone again, you couldn't stop. It just felt so good to get everything off of your chest- even if it was to the most notorious group of villains in the country. Everyone was invested in your words now, you noticed. Mustard had even gone slack jawed. Himiko, the normally eccentric girl, had gone abnormally silent.

"Why should I believe that load of crap?" Dabi asked you.

You shrugged. "I don't really care whether you believe me or not. But if you really want proof, I know the past and the future of pretty much everyone here because of information I received in my home world. Stuff that I wouldn't be able to know without what I'm saying being true."

"Like what?" He asked, and you gave him a glare.

"I know the reason why you hate Endeavor so much, for starters," you replied, staring him down. You were practically daring him to argue with you. You didn't want to spill his entire life story to the League, but you knew that you could if you wanted to. You had the ability to spill practically everyone's life stories right now.

"The only people I don't know much about are Mustard because he originally got arrested at the training camp and Big Sis Mags because she-" you cut yourself off before you could say anything further.

"I get arrested?" Mustard asked, and you nodded grimly.

"That's why you asked for a double of him during our planning, isn't it?" Mr. Compress asked as you twirled a strand of hair between your fingers. "Because you didn't want him to share a fate with his fictional counterpart."

"He's a kid," you stated. "No one that young deserves to go to jail. Much less because he was angry about the way society treated him."

"Not a kid," Mustard muttered bitterly.

"Sorry," you told him. You kind of meant it. You'd stop mentioning that kind of thing around him in the future. The last thing you wanted was for him to think that you underestimated him like the rest of his friends and family had.

Himiko's hold on you suddenly grew unbearably tight. You looked over at her, confused as to why she had suddenly tightened her hold on you, only to see that her face had morphed into a scowl. You asked her what was wrong, fearing that she thought of you differently. When she spoke, it wasn't what you had expected at all.

"You're going to have to leave us, aren't you?" she asked, and you grimaced.

"Yes," you told her. "I have another life to get back to. And staying here... it's dangerous for me." You'd been taking your pills, but you still wanted to get home as soon as possible, just in case. You didn't want to risk exploding into bits. You very much preferred to be living.

You didn't know it, but the girl holding you was in deep thought. Why, you may ask? She refused to let you go. You had been the only person to immediately accept her for who she was upon first meeting her. You had been the one to encourage her not to hide the parts of her that she had been ashamed of for so long. You had come into her life and impacted her in the best way, and she was supposed to just let you go?

No. She refused. Himiko Toga decided that she was going to keep you in that moment. No matter the price.

Perhaps you should have been more careful in choosing your friends.