The hero blinked in surprise by the query, before delivering a dry laugh. Boxman? He wants to talk about that goof?

"Haven't you hurt that guy enough?"

She's right. It's horrible to rub the fact in, but she's right. Venomous already hurt Boxman too much, and visiting him might just seem like a horrible reflection of their past. That's— . . . also not what he's here for, though. Venomous knows he doesn't deserve to be forgiven, he's just here to apologize.

The professor squinted lightly, attempting to organize some thoughts together. Attempting to reply without cracking.

"I'm— I'm aware that... I caused too much pain to the plaza. I'm aware that I can't resolve everything. Power got to my head and I— I only want to try to make up for it. . ."

He confessed, letting out a coarse sigh as he clutched the side of his face. He then let it glide forward to smooth out his hair. Despite his efforts, through a faltered posture and saddened expression breaking through a serious one, Carol could read the emotion radiating from his form. She then walked over to him, laying a hand over his free one before looking

"I thought that you'd never be satisfied without power. I'm. . . Glad that he was the one to show you just how much you could be without it.", she responded with a smile, eyes gravitating towards his. (They've had sincere moments before at P.O.I.N.T. Prep, but this felt different. Not that they minded, both set out for different—better futures.)

Finally, after a few moments of silence, Carol's few steps backward increased the space between them once again. Venomous coughed to break such silence.

". . . So, I wanted to ask if you ever knew where he went. After leaving Boxmore, I mean.—"

Carol hummed, having taken in the information. She then gave a chuckle, which was much fonder than the previous laugh. Venomous appreciated this.

"That's all you wanted? I believe the last time he visited us, he boasted about moving to a lil' cabin in the middle of nowhere. I think I have the address somewhere, actually!—"

This was the address, right? It's cold—too cold. How could someone live out in the middle of nowhere like this? Being cold-blooded—at least being so now—he was never well-adapted to such temperatures.

Professor Venomous shivered, before slowly inching his hand toward the door. This was it, he was going to see Boxy again after so many years of being without him. He was scared, but yet filled with anticipation. He missed Boxman.

A few knocks on the door, and then he waited. Cob, he can see his breath out here. What if Boxman isn't home, what if he's gone?- Despite the simplistic, he's already been letting thoughts get to his head.

And suddenly, the door handle rattled—so someone is here—, before being opened.

"Huh?", Boxman let out with half-lidded, not aware of the person who knocked, at least not until he looked up. Looked up to see that charming, beautiful face he remembered. Remembrance of only the fondest memories, though horrors had started to creep through his mind.

"I'm sorry.", he told Boxman after seconds—feeling like hours—of silence. He then took the cake from behind his lab coat, displaying it in all its glory to the villain standing before him.

His partner looked over at the cake, before jolting in surprise. He then shook his head, though the expression wasn't negative at all. Warm even, with a soft chuckle and a light smile.

"Here we go again."

————

hey, uh— thanks for reading this chapter, seriously. it's been, what, 2 years since OK K.O. started? and damn, about a year since i've even written about it. originally, i hadn't appreciated my way of writing a year ago. however, as i've started roleplaying literately and taken better approaches at understanding the perceptions of a character, i believe i got better at writing. the end of OK K.O. has really filled me with great amounts of emotion that i wanted to express, such as how voxman became canon. furthermore, with all of the people still visiting my previous writings, it filled me with the motivation to at least write a bit more for them. 

after this, depending on how i'm feeling, i might continue to write for you all. other things that i've been thinking about was making a collection for an adventure time au, as i've been really into AT currently. i might also open a general drabbles collection for whenever i feel like writing anything again.

. . .anywho, thank you for following me throughout the past year, and for motivating me to write more. i truly hope you have enjoyed this fan-fiction piece of mine. feel free to comment any of your thoughts and opinions about this chapter, or