When the food was all ready, I shut off the stove and took the empty pan, rinsing it out in the sink while Luke left to get Carmen for dinner. Like usual, she came in and quickly got her food before she left just as fast as she had arrived, making me sigh softly. On the other hand, Luke gave me a grin as he set his full plate of food on the island. "You should actually eat the food you make, for once." He said, causing me to frown. "I always eat the food I make." I protested softly, drying my hands on my tank top. He just rolled his eyes, not adding anything more on that matter. "C'mon." He pleaded. I sighed and relented, grabbing my plate before I got myself some of the rice, broccoli and teriyaki chicken. It smelled pretty good, thankfully.

Luke ate some of the food on his plate while I grabbed a spoon and left to the kitchen table, planning on eating alone. I guess I had just assumed that he would go and eat with Carmen, like he usually did. I usually let them eat and then I would eat later, alone up in my room. That was how I usually did it, and then I would go to sleep.

However, Luke surprised me when he came and sat down beside me, still scarfing down his food. "Fuck, this is so good," He groaned out his approval, the praise making my cheeks warm as I looked over at him. His eyes met mine and I blushed brighter when he gave me a playful wink, the edges of his lips pulled into a satisfied smile. "Thanks." I said softly, looking down at my plate. He chuckled and lightly nudged my knee with his hand, his hand warm on my bare skin. "You gonna eat or just stare at the plate all night?" He teased. I glanced up at him, shaking my head softly. "You're so persistent." I sighed quietly, sitting up as I began to eat.

I ate my full plate of food before Carmen came stalking past us, putting her plate into the sink for it to be cleaned by someone other than her. Me, probably. "I have a job interview tomorrow, Sera," Carmen mentioned to me as she walked passed me again, looking down at me. "So you and Luke will be the only ones here for a while when you get home from school." She added, sending me a smile as I lightly nodded my head.

She turned and left, leaving Luke to finish off his food while I got up to wash my plate and Carmen's. Luke stalked over to me when he finished his food and I went to take his dishes so I could wash them, but he just raised his brows at me and shook his head. "Nope." He refused simply, making me furrow my brows. "Huh?" I frowned, peering up at him in confusion.

His lips pulled into an amused smile and he gently pushed me out of his way, making my brows furrow more. "Hey," I frowned, stepping up beside him inside of just staring at his broad back. "I was doing the dishes." I protested, washing as he took over cleaning up the dishes. There weren't many, but I didn't want him to have to clean up after me or Carmen when he didn't make the mess. "And now I'm doing them." He shot back, glancing down at me with both brows raised in a silent challenge. I bit my lip and frowned, staring into his blue eyes. "But it's not your mess." I sighed, feeling a little bit guilty. It felt wrong making him clean up after Carmen and I. I always cleaned up after myself, or I at least tried to as best as I could. He shouldn't have to do it.

"So?" He shrugged, rinsing off Carmen's plate and placing it in the dishwasher. I wanted to protest a little more, but I knew that I would just be wasting my breath, so I stayed silent. Seeming to sense I wasn't very happy with what he was doing, he looked down at me and raised a brow. "Look, sunshine, you cook dinner every night and breakfast several times a week. The least I could do in return is wash the dishes, since you won't ever let me help with the actual cooking." He said, sending me a slightly reprimanding look with his eyes before he put my plate in the dishwasher as well. I felt my cheeks flush, but I found it oddly sweet that he was so insistent on helping me out in one way or another. Nobody had done that for me before.

"Thank you." I said softly as I looked away. Even though I didn't necessarily like what he was doing, I still appreciated the thought behind it. He wanted to be kind and do something to help me, which I thought was sweet of him.

Luke just grinned at me, placing his plate into the dishwasher last. "Of course, sunshine." He hummed, putting the silverware in the dishwasher as well. "It's the least you deserve for being so...giving." He added, closing the dishwasher and turning to face me as he dried his hands. I furrowed my brows, not sure what he meant. I didn't really do anything. "Giving?" I echoed quietly, causing him to smile in amusement and chuckle softly. "Yes, Nina. You never complain about it, either." He murmured, eyeing me closely as he seemed to drift off into thought a little. I looked up at him for a minute and then glanced down at my toes, slightly embarrassed. "I-I think I'm gonna go to bed." I stumbled over my words as I looked up at him again, just to see him send me a friendly smile. "Oh, okay." He hummed.

I went ahead and walked past him as quick as possible without seeming like I was trying to flee, keeping my head down as I passed him. When I made it up to my room, I shut my bedroom door and sighed as I flopped onto my bed. Chester jumped up beside me and laid on the pillow that he always used, looking at me silently. Then, he whined at me once and I smiled softly, kissing him on the top of his head. "Goodnight to you, too." I whispered, snuggling up beneath my blankets before I drifted to sleep.