#3 - Snow Kisses

Your POV:
I tucked my sheets into the bed of the cell bunk, fluffing the pillows neatly. I sighed a little, sitting down on the bed and glancing all around my cell.
Living in the prison wasn't terribly bad. I had the protection and a group, but above all, I had Carl Grimes.

He made me whole. Carl was my best
friend since I arrived at the prison with my older brother, Ryan. Ryan was killed by a walker during a run, and through the struggle of loosing my role model, Carl helped me through it.

I had these...feelings for Carl. They weren't simple middle-school childish crushes. This was...love.

I didn't know how to express myself to Carl, so I just never did.

"Rise n' shine, (Y/N)," Carl chuckled.

I looked up from my lap and felt myself smile. Carl was leaning against the doorway to your cell, the curtains pushed back. His sheriff hat was worn firmly on his head, a light, hooded jacket on his torso and skinny jeans. He tucked his hands in his pockets, and a corner of his lips curved.

"Hey, you," I laughed.

"Wanna head outside?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Why would we want to be outside?"

He took his lower lip between his perfected teeth, grinning.

I watched nervously as he walker over, holding his hand out. I stared at it for a second before taking it, and he helped me to my feet. He then walked across the small cell and grabbed my sweatshirt from the ground, picking it up and helping me put it on.

"Uh...Carl?" I asked, confused.

"Hm?" he mumbled, tugging the sweatshirt down my torso and fixing my hair as it was.

"What are you doing?"

"It's a secret."

"Carl, I'm serious," I warned him, but he continued to dress me in heavy clothing, for God knows what.

"You trust me...don't you?"

I looked up this piercing blue eyes, in which shimmered with humor. He put on his charming side smirk, and with his usual hat framing his face, I felt that odd feeling in my stomach.

"I do," I whispered.

"Then quit asking me. You'll thank me later," Carl chuckled a bit.

Once I was clothed in my sweatshirt, jeans, and combat boots, he topped it off with my favorite grey beanie. With my (Y/H/C) hair falling effortlessly down my sides, they strewn down to my waistline. He dressed me nicely and warmly, and although the clothes complemented me, I was still confused.

"C'mon, babe."

I blushed as Carl lowered his hand to my back as we walked out of my cell.

I let him keep his intimidatingly large hands on my back, and the feeling when we collided made me blush.

As we walked down the prison steps, Carl walked up behind me and covered my eyes with his palms. I panicked a little at first, but with him guiding me softly behind me, I was fine.

"Carl, what are we-"

"Shh," he whispered into my ear, and he shifted us through another slight turn. "You'll see."

After he chuckled, I felt him open a door and gently guided me outside. I knew we were in the outdoors, because I could feel the cool air lingering up my sensitive skin.

"Carl..."

"Don't open them yet."

Carl turned around a few times until he was in front of me, his palms still on my eyes. Once he removed them, I caught a quick glance.

We were outside the prison, in the courtyard where we were protected by fences. Snow littered the ground; everywhere. Snowflakes were striding down from the sky, and I felt them gently land on my skin and melt.

"Oh my god, this is..." I breathed.

"Beautiful?" Carl asked. I nodded.

"You know...you're really beautiful, too, (Y/N)."

I jerked my head up from the snow, completely startled. Carl was smirking darkly, and I blushed.

"No, I'm not..." I insisted.

Carl then walked closer to me, coddling my face in his loving palms. Our faces were mere centimeters apart; so close, I could see his crisp, icy eyes perfectly, and could feel his cool, lingering breath against my nose.

He then dipped his head down slowly, and I froze, mesmerized.

My eyes then shut, and I kissed back. Our lips moved in sync, and his lips were soft and wet with love.

And this was just love.

Carl pulled back, stroking my lower lip with his thumb and smiling. Snowflakes landed on his nose and complimented his pale face, and I released a breath, smiling like a fool.

"Carl..." I blushed.

"Mm, you like snow kisses, don't you?"

I bit my lower lip and nodded eagerly, and he chuckled deeply, grabbing my face smoothly and leaning into kiss me again.

Just mere decimeters from my lips, he grazed his down to my ear and said,

"Snow kisses are beautiful, but can't beat how much I love you, (Y/N)."

-

ITS BEEN SO LONG.

IM BAAAACK.

Leave requests and feedback. (: